PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: to mod my titan and vogue
Carrier: cricket

alexrz619 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Mogul stuck in restart loop

well i was not paying attention when i was flashing my mogul..
it had and still has a Gps enabled radio on it(3.35.04), but i got confused when trying to upgrade it with a 6.1 nbh file and before i upgraded I accidentally unlocked it with the titan unlocker and now it has the SPL 1.20 oilpro.. and well everytime i start the device, it boots up, then after a few seconds(10-15 sec) it Restarts by itself.

can someone out there shed some light this way?
what should i do now?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Mogul stuck in restart loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrz619 View Post
well i was not paying attention when i was flashing my mogul..
it had and still has a Gps enabled radio on it(3.35.04), but i got confused when trying to upgrade it with a 6.1 nbh file and before i upgraded I accidentally unlocked it with the titan unlocker and now it has the SPL 1.20 oilpro.. and well everytime i start the device, it boots up, then after a few seconds(10-15 sec) it Restarts by itself.

can someone out there shed some light this way?
what should i do now?
We have made a ROM specifically for recovery from this issue. DO NOT USE THIS ROM FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE.

1) get this download http://justpctech.com/PPC/Roms/Sprin...RUU_signed.nbh
2) flash it to your phone
3) boot your phone
4) connect your phone via USB
5) run olipro 2.40 or nueSPL unlocker

If the unlocker has trouble loading the SSPL, there is a shortcut in programs for launching the SSPL (if it isn't there, use file explorer and check the root folder of the device). Click it, and then continue the unlocker procedure (should flash the Hard SPL at that point)

Once that is done, you should have the newer unlocker installed and can flash a GPS enabled rom.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IrogSinta is a n00b

Sorry to bring back an old thread but after searching everwhere & trying everything I read, I'm down to this last thread that I was hoping could fix this problem but unfortunately the link in the second post doesn't work anymore. So I'm hoping someone could help me out in getting my friend's Sprint Mogul working again. (How I wish I didn't volunteer to help him upgrade his ROM!) Right now it has Olipro 1.2 and after flashing a GPS enabled radio it just keeps restarting once it gets to the screen saying "NO RADIO." I've tried flashing back to Stock, hard resetting, flashing to Olipro 2.4 & a whole bunch of other stuff that now has me brain dead. I hope somebody can please give me a ray of hope. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC mogul
Carrier: Metro PCS

metrorulz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrogSinta View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread but after searching everwhere & trying everything I read, I'm down to this last thread that I was hoping could fix this problem but unfortunately the link in the second post doesn't work anymore. So I'm hoping someone could help me out in getting my friend's Sprint Mogul working again. (How I wish I didn't volunteer to help him upgrade his ROM!) Right now it has Olipro 1.2 and after flashing a GPS enabled radio it just keeps restarting once it gets to the screen saying "NO RADIO." I've tried flashing back to Stock, hard resetting, flashing to Olipro 2.4 & a whole bunch of other stuff that now has me brain dead. I hope somebody can please give me a ray of hope. Thanks!
download jumpSPL here "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=354061" flash it to your phone, u need to run olipro 2.40, then you should be all good to load what ever ROM you want.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:52 AM
N00b

IrogSinta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrorulz View Post
download jumpSPL here "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=354061" flash it to your phone, u need to run olipro 2.40, then you should be all good to load what ever ROM you want.
Well I tried downloading all 3 JumpSPL's on the link you gave but apparently they need to be copied to the phone & ran from there. Not sure how I could run them when I can't get out of the restart loop. I can only go to the bootloader screen. I'm confused now.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 AM
N00b

metrorulz is a n00b

Quote:
Well I tried downloading all 3 JumpSPL's on the link you gave but apparently they need to be copied to the phone & ran from there. Not sure how I could run them when I can't get out of the restart loop. I can only go to the bootloader screen. I'm confused now.
i did more reading on your problem, i think you're trying to flash a 3.xx level which is not compatible with olipro 1.20, thats why it keeps putting you in a loop.

Only ROMs of the 2.xx level and radios of the 1.xx level are compatible with Olipro 1.20. You could download and install the OEM Sprint 2.17 ROM package.

download OEM sprint 2.17 from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJVC72MN

flash that to your phone, then make sure you run olipro 2.40 before flashing the Sprint 3.35 package. Hopefully this helps,
Old 07-25-2010, 10:40 AM
N00b

IrogSinta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrorulz View Post
i did more reading on your problem, i think you're trying to flash a 3.xx level which is not compatible with olipro 1.20, thats why it keeps putting you in a loop.

Only ROMs of the 2.xx level and radios of the 1.xx level are compatible with Olipro 1.20. You could download and install the OEM Sprint 2.17 ROM package.

download OEM sprint 2.17 from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJVC72MN

flash that to your phone, then make sure you run olipro 2.40 before flashing the Sprint 3.35 package. Hopefully this helps,
I downloaded & unrar'ed the file but it says VOUGE on the site & the RUU has a picture of the HTC VOUGE. Will this work for the Mogul?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 AM
N00b

metrorulz is a n00b

Try it, I read that it might just work. If any thing it will just bring up an error and you can easily recover from this by removing the usb cable from the phone and removing the phones battery, replace the battery and power up the phone.

okay so if that didnt work, try this : ftp://xdada@ftp.xda-developers.com..._2.13_CDMA.rar

you gna need to rename the file to RUU_signed.nbh

after renaming it, drag the .nbh file into an empty RUU and run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe. if you dont have your own empty RUU, here is one : RUU.zip
(press the ctrl key and click the zip file)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
N00b

IrogSinta is a n00b
Talking Re: Mogul stuck in restart loop

metrorulz,

What can I say except Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your last advice was the one that worked & got my friends Mogul up & running. I just now finished installing a custom ROM & everything's working great. I was worried because there aren't that many Mogul users anymore. I'm so glad you're still in this forum! You rulz!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 AM
N00b

metrorulz is a n00b
Smile Re: Mogul stuck in restart loop

Quote:
metrorulz,

What can I say except Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your last advice was the one that worked & got my friends Mogul up & running. I just now finished installing a custom ROM & everything's working great. I was worried because there aren't that many Mogul users anymore. I'm so glad you're still in this forum! You rulz!!!!
Congratz and good job Your friend better buy you a couple of beers !! Hahaha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development