PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

on the battery issue... while I find it verry hard to accurately compare usage. I have notice that with each new rom/build the battery gauge seams to get more sensitive/accurate.. battery performace is reduced as heat goes up, also the "meter" calculates bases on a drain history.
the more startup apps I have, the worse the battery gets, but if I disable them from startup but launch them after the phone fully boots, the battery seems "normal"

edit; I better note that I also disable reploge.exe on time change.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

but the battery dies on me before the day is over and my bish has a titan too on stock and she talkin mad ish about how my fone is about to die.... I just need something that makes the batter last at least a day wit moderate texting and talkin...
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Newsie and More

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
on the battery issue... while I find it verry hard to accurately compare usage. I have notice that with each new rom/build the battery gauge seams to get more sensitive/accurate.. battery performace is reduced as heat goes up, also the "meter" calculates bases on a drain history.
the more startup apps I have, the worse the battery gets, but if I disable them from startup but launch them after the phone fully boots, the battery seems "normal"

edit; I better note that I also disable reploge.exe on time change.

Wait so does this help alot, Cuz i would love to use pre 8 if I had the battery to enjoy it!!! and wit's that reploge.exe???
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I thought you already knew about this, or I would have said something sooner...
since we lost a few thousand posts, I'll give a quick low down on it. I didn't figure it out, just read it somewhere, from someone...
replog.exe is activesync
there are 3 instances of this under the "notifications" tab of dotfred's task manager.
one of them is to "run after time change" (which happens with every new cell tower)
it can be disabled or deleted... should only be needed by ppl that change timezones alot.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I really think 5067 was the best build... though I love the features in the pre* builds.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Newsie and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I thought you already knew about this, or I would have said something sooner...
since we lost a few thousand posts, I'll give a quick low down on it. I didn't figure it out, just read it somewhere, from someone...
replog.exe is activesync
there are 3 instances of this under the "notifications" tab of dotfred's task manager.
one of them is to "run after time change" (which happens with every new cell tower)
it can be disabled or deleted... should only be needed by ppl that change timezones alot.
wow I must of been watchin gossip girls or sumthin when you guys found this out... How do I delete those I wanna still keep activesync to sendstuff to my fone but that start up thing!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

irish_griffin is a n00b

I need some advice, looked and couldn't find the info I need =-/

I have installed nueRom and it looks awsome. But as a new guy I'm at a lose when selecting the cabs to install on the initial boot; IOTA.cab, getgood.cab, ect....

Please advise what to check.

Thanks,
Aaron (the FNG) =P
Old 08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

if you're running the stock outlook for emails, it's gonna drain your battery. if you're talking a lot, it'll affect but not kill your battery (under heavy usage). If you're on the net for any reason a lot, it'll drain your battery.

Sounds like what you need is an extended battery. Not only can you run your outlook 24/7 with push mail/imap, but you'll be able to talk your little heart out.

Like i've said in previous posts, i used to have to recharge my phone 3 times a day... i now go EASY 3-4 days without being close to empty with my seidio extended battery. I also only charge it at work so i save some $ at home lol

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
wow I must of been watchin gossip girls or sumthin when you guys found this out... How do I delete those I wanna still keep activesync to sendstuff to my fone but that start up thing!!!!
Use dotFred's task manager, and goto notifications... you'll find the replog.exe (x3)
the exact wording isnt "run after time change" but its something like that... that's one you can disable/delete
that will prevent activesync from starting everytime the device polls the tower for time sync
another thing you can do to prevent this is just disable time sync...
Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I haven't noticed anyone else mention this problem (at least i don't remember having seen it for pre-.

But i am getting the message:

"The file 'task manager' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Any ideas? I was just trying to open the task manager lol. I've soft reset my phone a few times and turned it off and then back on and only then can i get it to come up. A reboot won't do it.

thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development