PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   "Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30878)

sfetaz 07-02-2008 04:33 AM

"Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade

I upgraded my xv6800 to the 3.35 official rom, and upgraded the radio to 3.42. The phone seems operational so far, however I get the message from verizon "We are currently unable to authenticate your phone" any time I try to make a call. I went into ##778# and noticed the only difference is that under security the PPP username was filled in with the same information as HDR AN Auth User ID. So I removed this. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone know what I need to do to get calls back?

no2chem 07-02-2008 04:36 AM

Re: "Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfetaz (Post 333975)
I upgraded my xv6800 to the 3.35 official rom, and upgraded the radio to 3.42. The phone seems operational so far, however I get the message from verizon "We are currently unable to authenticate your phone" any time I try to make a call. I went into ##778# and noticed the only difference is that under security the PPP username was filled in with the same information as HDR AN Auth User ID. So I removed this. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone know what I need to do to get calls back?

as has been stated many, many times -

1) update your prl to verizon prl
2) install carrier cab
3) ensure SID parameters are correct

Noir 07-02-2008 09:29 AM

or...get an A key. Just say you had to hard reset. You should be good by then

mrcharliebrown 07-02-2008 11:16 AM

I had the same thing happen to me. Did you let the customizations run? If so, re-flash the verizon stock then you will have to call Verizon and have them reset your phone on the network. The tech that worked on mine said he activated a dummy ESN under my account then re-actived my ESN. Make sure they reset both voice and data. Just don't give them details why your phone started doing it, no one asked me why.

sfetaz 07-02-2008 11:55 AM

Called Verizon, was issued new Authentication number, phone works. Thanks guys!

lllboredlll 07-03-2008 09:42 PM

Verizon customers WILL have to call in for an A Key anytime they go from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Once you do it the first time you wont have to call in anymore aslong as all of your radio upgrades are the GPS ones.

They only instance that will not require you to call when going from non GPS to GPS is when you get a new phone from Verizon and don't have it activated before you do the radio upgrade. I found this out yesterday when my replacement come. I went ahead and unlocked it then flashed a GPS radio and WM 6.1. Once I did that I went thru the normal activation procedures and it didn't require anything extra from the normal activation. With that being said, I would recommend that anyone getting a verizon replacement to go ahead and unlock and flash before activation. It makes things a little simpler.

mdjkim 07-05-2008 08:50 PM

The other thing that works - before you do any upgrades, transfer your phone service to a different phone (I'm sure you have an old phone laying around).

Perform your upgrades, then transfer your phone service back to your XV6800. Works like a charm!