PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Downloading MMS with WIfi

Well here's the condensed version of the email option.

First off, make sure you've got a good wifi connection. Test it by launching internet explorer and browsing a few pages.

Then go to a regular computer and get a new gmail acct, and use it only for people to send you mobile content like MMS. (Keep the new email address simple and short. Some folks without full keyboards have trouble entering characters into thier phones)

You'll have to tell gmail to allow pop access, just click the link I pasted below to find out how.

Go to your messaging application and click on Setup new email account. Fill in all your gmail information, and don't forget that your username must have @gmail.com at the end of it. If it asks you what connection to use select "The Internet" from the drop down box. Further instructions for setup of email can be found here...

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13273

Make sure you click on Pop Client Configuration List at the bottom of that link I posted to find out the proper server settings. Just use the ones for a standard outlook 2003 connection. Tell it to check for messages every 15, 10, 5 minutes, whatever you like.

You should be good to go! Just make sure you go into messaging again and select options, click your newly created gmail account and when you scroll through the pages that come up make sure you set the "check mail" option to manual if you plan on leaving the wifi connection so that it doesn't start up the cell connection.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
If, like Sprint, Cricket allows you to access your picture mail through a web page, you should be able to use that as a workaround. Otherwise, though, no, MMS is transmitted through a protocol that has nothing to do with the internet and everything to do with your provider's network.
Hey guys! no it's not like sprint...it's actual picture and vid messaging...i have cricket and a mogul and if you send me a pic or vid i get it automatically...no web page to go to and no link to click...it downloads like it's supposed to and you view it but you do need to have a connection for it to work ...wifi won't (unless maybe you can set up an email acct and someone emails you a pic but thats not pic/vid messaging then)...try here and see if you can find your answers http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=394
Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

edouble is a n00b

am i missing something here cus i have a mogul flashed to cricket ..and i get pic messages is that what your talking about ...you just have to tweek a few things in your registry and vuala pic messages ....sometimes it takes awhile but i get em..sorry if i miss understood if i did then dont reply.. cus im an idiot....k thanx
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo shift
Carrier: cricket

micksterzilla is a n00b

From what I've seen there is an update called jiminy v that you can google, I've got and evo shift 4g that I had payed to have fully flashed to cricket,,and everthing worked great until I downloaded a program to open all levels of angry birds, knowing what I know now I should have backed up all of my settings onto my sd card, but instead I did a factory restore and lost all mms send /receive,, I have been researching how to fix the issue myself, and so far have rooted the phone and have gained super user acces, and can now can delete factory installed apps like sprint football, but I'm still trying to get mms to work,,anyone got any ideas of what else I can do?
Mick
Old 04-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I would suggest posting your question over in the evo section as they will be better equipped to serve your needs!

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development