PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Latest OEM

Morning all,

Here is the latest OEM I have been working with. Its a hybrid of DCD's cab, plus some addtl reg entries that I incorporated.

A couple of things about this OEM:

1) Its only for VZW. If other carrier users would like to adopt this for their carriers please feed your carrier specific info back to me and I will make an OEM for each carrier.
2) This has gone through limited testing and I am not responsible if you have issues. I will help as much as I can but its use at your own risk. If you do find flaws, and are able to fix them, please let me know so I can update the master OEM.

May the force be with you all!

Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 12-22-2008 at 08:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work
Re: Arcsoft MMS cab - 5.0.31.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
You running this now clownman ? i have the cooked in version of MMS from the PPCGeeks kitchen (version 3.something) .. can i run the cab you posted here, and have it overwrite what i have ?
did you need to do any reg tweaks, or will this work right out of the box ???
Short answer, Yes, I had to go into the registry and re-input the WSPheader info. Basically I just exported that key from the working MMS(5.0.31.19), and then cabbed it up, so when I flash, I have UC install the MMS cab(5.0.31.25), then the WSPHeader cab, and all works great.... If I was good, I would write some kind of provxml to autoread the phone number and put it in the X-VzW-MDN key, but alas, I just don't have the time to learn how to do that.....

And YES, you can install this over ver 3.x.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Threadstarter

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Re: Latest OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Morning all,

Here is the latest OEM I have been working with. Its a hybrid of DCD's cab, plus some addtl reg entries that I incorporated.

A couple of things about this OEM:

1) Its only for VZW. If other carrier users would like to adopt this for their carriers please feed your carrier specific info back to me and I will make an OEM for each carrier.
2) This has gone through limited testing and I am not responsible if you have issues. I will help as much as I can but its use at your own risk. If you do find flaws, and are able to fix them, please let me know so I can update the master OEM.

May the force be with you all!

Steve
Steve, you running this no problems ? able to send and receive?
thanks for the OEM, i've dropped it in the kitchen folder for my next flash.. (not ready to do it just yet though)
Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Steve, you running this no problems ? able to send and receive?
thanks for the OEM, i've dropped it in the kitchen folder for my next flash.. (not ready to do it just yet though)
I am working through the issues but I think I have it all working. Will be nice to have someone else test also.

You will need to add the following reg statement to your OEM since I have it added via my personal OEM:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"X-VZW-MDN"="xxxxxxxxxx"

Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 06-21-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I am working through the issues but I think I have it all working. Will be nice to have someone else test also.

You will need to add the following reg statement to your OEM since I have it added via my personal OEM:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"X-VZW-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX"

Steve

Steve, Please EDIT your POST to REMOVE your PHONE number.....

Also, I went thru your cab file and noticed there is some mortscript in it that is supposed to read the MDN and automatically write the X-VzW-MDN to the registry, is this left over from DCD's Arcsoft 5.0.31.16 OEM? To fix that, users will need to ADD the mortscript OEM that DCD included in his 3.0.4 kitchen, then it would work.

az

Last edited by azclown; 06-21-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
Short answer, Yes, I had to go into the registry and re-input the WSPheader info. Basically I just exported that key from the working MMS(5.0.31.19), and then cabbed it up, so when I flash, I have UC install the MMS cab(5.0.31.25), then the WSPHeader cab, and all works great.... If I was good, I would write some kind of provxml to autoread the phone number and put it in the X-VzW-MDN key, but alas, I just don't have the time to learn how to do that.....

And YES, you can install this over ver 3.x.
Thanks az.. installed no problem.. i do like the way it integrates the pic messages directly into your text inbox. no seperate pics/video folder.
i still dont like how i can't take a full size pic and send it full size (yes, the 'Orginal' tickbox is checked under options for 'sending picture size').
so i take a 175k pic, and send it - and it shows up in my SENT folder as 175k, but when it hits my inbox, it trims down to 27, or 34K..

why does MMS have to be such a mysterious PAIN.. seems so danged simple.

also PS - as a test, i then uninstalled your cab, and it automatically brought back my other settings with perfection.. so this update was a nice, un-intrusive cab.. thank you for that !
the only thing i had to do after install, was delete that SampleMMS server setting, and add the Verizon one, and make it default...
did you also notice that it dials out to send, or receive, then as soon as it's done, it drops the data connection ? so it would initiate a data connection to send.. then drop it.. then a split second later, it would initate a new data connection to receive (yes, i sent the message to myself).. then it would drop that, as soon as it downloaded..... weird..
Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
Steve, Please EDIT your POST to REMOVE your PHONE number.....

Also, I went thru your cab file and noticed there is some mortscript in it that is supposed to read the MDN and automatically write the X-VzW-MDN to the registry, is this left over from DCD's Arcsoft 5.0.31.16 OEM? To fix that, users will need to ADD the mortscript OEM that DCD included in his 3.0.4 kitchen, then it would work.

az
Yes that is leftover from DCD's. I removed it since I add the MDN number via my personal OEM.

Steve
Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks az.. installed no problem.. i do like the way it integrates the pic messages directly into your text inbox. no seperate pics/video folder.
i still dont like how i can't take a full size pic and send it full size (yes, the 'Orginal' tickbox is checked under options for 'sending picture size').
so i take a 175k pic, and send it - and it shows up in my SENT folder as 175k, but when it hits my inbox, it trims down to 27, or 34K..

why does MMS have to be such a mysterious PAIN.. seems so danged simple.

also PS - as a test, i then uninstalled your cab, and it automatically brought back my other settings with perfection.. so this update was a nice, un-intrusive cab.. thank you for that !
the only thing i had to do after install, was delete that SampleMMS server setting, and add the Verizon one, and make it default...
did you also notice that it dials out to send, or receive, then as soon as it's done, it drops the data connection ? so it would initiate a data connection to send.. then drop it.. then a split second later, it would initate a new data connection to receive (yes, i sent the message to myself).. then it would drop that, as soon as it downloaded..... weird..
Well, you have to understand that MOST people that receive MMS do not use a phone like ours(ie: smartphone). I also noticed that when I take a pic with my XV6800, it is in a resolution of 1600x1200, the largest size that THIS version of Arcsoft sends is 1280x1024, so it will downsize the image. I took an image and sent it to myself and it cut down the size from 219k to 169k(1600x1200 to 1280x1024). Nothing I can do about that except put my camera to medium resolution, then it will send and receive as it was photographed.

The reason you had to ADD the Verizon server is because the cab does not add that connection for you. I use DCD's kitchen, and so I install his Verizon Cab, which adds that connection for me. The sample connection is a remnant from the original Arcsoft 5 cab that I found in a post that listed the all the items from the Diamond port on XDA.

the data connection opening and closing is GOOD thing. The longer you keep the connection alive, the more battery you use.... Hope this helps clear up some of your questions...

az
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Lurker

dymanese is a n00b

Have you guys been able to Forward a message or even back it up if you have to flash your ROM? What are you using to do so?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymanese View Post
Have you guys been able to Forward a message or even back it up if you have to flash your ROM? What are you using to do so?
forward a received message via MMS ? yes, simply select Reply, then Forward from the drop menu.. works just like any other text, or email process.

Using SPB Backup currently.. this has the option to save 'Emails'.. of which i select.. then when i do a restore, all the emails are back to where they were..
Best backup program available, IMO..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development