PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Just click the little disk icon in the upper left corner of BuildOS. Then when you start BuildOS when the selection comes up you will see "my Titan US Cellular Selections.txt"
Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Red face Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Oh... I just thought it saved your selections... thanks! I will give it a try and stop overwriting my own roms
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also.. there is an "Image Converter" utility to create boot images.. and I usd it to CONVERT.. but where do I go to select the image I just converted?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ah yeah.. I think I'm going to CRY!! Check THIS out!:
http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en
SPB BACKUP claims it is able to restore even after a ROM upgrade! WOOT!!! that's for me baby! I will give it a shot and let y'all know!

Here is what it says under the "restoring" tab on the page:

Control your data restoration!
  • Can be restored after ROM upgrade (ROM upgrade mode)
  • Can be restored on another device (device upgrade mode)
  • Self-extracting executable backup files
  • Selectable items to restore
  • Separate text message (SMS) restoring
  • The backup file can be explored with the desktop unpack tool
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Hmmmm... Sprite backup claims it also can do it..
http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/answer.aspx?id=328
guess I will have to try them both..
Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

One of my concerns is if I include an application in my ROM, Google Maps, for example, and then a newer version of that application comes out and I want to upgrade the application.... is it possible or will there be a conflict? Will it actually overwrite the one installed on the ROM or?... this is one of the reasons why I'm trying to only include features or applications in the rom that I can't find to download and install manually. I want to be able to add/remove tweaks, applications, etc. WITHOUT having to reflash my device. I just put way too much work into customizing my PPC. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

BTW the "OZ Instant Messenger" client ALWAYS returns the error "USER DOES NOT EXIST" when I try to use it to log into AIM or MSN.. anyone else have any experience with this app?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry, not meaning to DOMINATE this thread but I've just been lurking for so long and now that I've tried a few things I have some questions and comments. AFWIW I just cooked another rom, very bare bones and my system is MUCH more responsive.... SO FAR. I will add aps and see how it goes from there.. I will MANUALLY install them.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
I used the kitchen.. and I used the 5060 version because that's what the guide at the beginning of this thread says to use... should I use something else?
the first "official" GPS ROM was 3.35 (not counting the beta - but thats' whole another can of worms )
this guide says to use 5060 cuz that was current when it was wrote...

Quote:
Ok, now I'm totally lost. According to the directions at the beginning of this thread, I have to update the radio to version 3.35.04. Where did this 3.42.50 version come from? Is there any benefit from using one over the other? I've read it's a really bad idea to try to downgrade the radio.

RANT!!:
Is it POSSIBLE for me to somehow RESTORE all my customizations that I had PRIOR to the ROM flash? I used SPB BACKUP to back up my entire flash storage. I spent a LOT of time customizing things and would really like a way to simply RESTORE everything that got wiped in the flash as far as my customizations go. VERY frustrating spending so much time customizing my phone then have it all wiped if I want to upgrade the rom and have to manually do it all over again!!!
ok. any radio 3.35 or above should work, personally i'm still running 3.35
as far as backup goes, yes it's possible... but not 100% guaranteed

so if you backup contacts only, or text only it may work vs a full restore...
sometimes it can be a huge factor when you change build versions,
while other times it will work flawlessly...

there's also several tools that will allow you to auto install applications...

Quote:
hmmm... weird.. now my Gmail account on my phone is set to IMAP rather than pop3.... and it won't let me change it or create a GMAIL account as pop3 as when it sees it's a gmail account it gets all happy and tells me that the settings have been found. So now for some reason all the emails I had restored to it from my PIM backup are not showing...
When you setup your gmail account, just misspell it like yourname@gamil.com and enter settings manually...
then go back and edit the email address

Quote:
After I build a ROM.. is there a way I can save the file? Like if I want to test different rom selections? It takes a long time to build a rom and I keep getting "Do you wish to overwrite this file?" messages about 100 times each time I build the rom, so I have to hold down the Y or N button forever. I have to babysit it.

Is there a way to save the rom files and then select which rom you wish to use to flash with?
You can save the .nbh file...
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7 Temp
your ROM will be the RUU_signed.nbh

Quote:
BTW the "OZ Instant Messenger" client ALWAYS returns the error "USER DOES NOT EXIST" when I try to use it to log into AIM or MSN.. anyone else have any experience with this app?
Never worked for me... Try Palringo - its free
Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

Sprzeo is a n00b

I was able to successfully flash my phone, after freaking out that I broke it because it got stuck on the bootloader. The GPS featuring is really amazing, some other people have said it but US Cellular could use that as a huge selling point. I personally found that the 20270 worked better for me than the one recommended, but I guess you just have to kinda play around with all of them. I might have added slightly too much to that one as it was my first. Anyways, really just want to say thank you to Maverick for writing this post up, I would have never done it otherwise. One other thing, did anyone figure out how to get the Cellsouth banner off? I don't really think it is a problem but just a little annoying. In EPST it says US Cellular and I have tried to change it in the registry so a little confused, but I love the phone just that much more now that it has GPS and threaded text messaging!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development