PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Ok, I flashed my ROM to the recommended 5060 one on the first page.. and followed all the directions.. and GPS works!! WOOT! however now when I go to open the camera, I get "Shortcut Target" Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

ummm...... what happened to my camera? Did I select a wrong option for my rom perhaps?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Unhappy Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

I restored a backup file I created with SPB Backup before I flashed my rom, and now when I go to my TXT messages I see I have one with the subject :Account Locked and the body states:

Company policy prohibits use of text messaging on this device. You cannot send or receive text messages.

What did I do wrong? I hadn't received any text messages since I upgraded my rom and even before I restored my backup. HELP!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Ok, I flashed my ROM to the recommended 5060 one on the first page.. and followed all the directions.. and GPS works!! WOOT! however now when I go to open the camera, I get "Shortcut Target" Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

ummm...... what happened to my camera? Did I select a wrong option for my rom perhaps?
er, did you use a kitchen or just a custom ROM? if you used a kitchen, you prolly just didnt' check it
if its a custom rom, it might have been left out... it's been a long while since i've used 5060 either way...

Quote:
I restored a backup file I created with SPB Backup before I flashed my rom, and now when I go to my TXT messages I see I have one with the subject :Account Locked and the body states:

Company policy prohibits use of text messaging on this device. You cannot send or receive text messages.

What did I do wrong? I hadn't received any text messages since I upgraded my rom and even before I restored my backup. HELP!!!
The restore doesn't always work, especially if you upgrade from WM6 to WM6.1 - so that could be your problem. it seems to vary depending on the backup method you use. Might check out Dashwire, although for now it wont sync texts back to the phone after hard reset, they do remain online... but it does sync contacts...

if it was the backup, hard reset and you should be ok
Old 09-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I used the kitchen.. and I used the 5060 version because that's what the guide at the beginning of this thread says to use... should I use something else?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid

Quote:
I used the kitchen.. and I used the 5060 version because that's what the guide at the beginning of this thread says to use... should I use something else?
Did you first make a list of the settings in EPST so you could check them against the current EPST settings after the upgrade to make sure that they all matched up to the original settings?

And you can also try the 5067 or the 20273 at your own risk though. I am running the 20273 at the moment with the 3.42.50 radio and so far not a glitch.

Last edited by President Fluid; 09-02-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Fluid View Post
And you can also try the 5067 or the 20273 at your own risk though. I am running the 20273 at the moment with the 3.42.50 radio and so far not a glitch.
Ok, now I'm totally lost. According to the directions at the beginning of this thread, I have to update the radio to version 3.35.04. Where did this 3.42.50 version come from? Is there any benefit from using one over the other? I've read it's a really bad idea to try to downgrade the radio.

RANT!!:
Is it POSSIBLE for me to somehow RESTORE all my customizations that I had PRIOR to the ROM flash? I used SPB BACKUP to back up my entire flash storage. I spent a LOT of time customizing things and would really like a way to simply RESTORE everything that got wiped in the flash as far as my customizations go. VERY frustrating spending so much time customizing my phone then have it all wiped if I want to upgrade the rom and have to manually do it all over again!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800 and axim x50v

killian1701d is a n00b

Ok.. im attempting this procedure but ihave a big problem right off..
I run the first program, and i get the little rainbow thing on my pocket pc. the boot loader i think. anyways, it says to disconnect the pocket pc, so i pull the usb cord from it, and then plug it back in. but, after that, i can no longer connect activesync to it. I can unplug the usb from the phone and back, the bootloader goes from "serial" to "usb" but it willNOT connect to activesync, its like it's locked up. Am i forgetting something? please help!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid

Quote:
Ok, now I'm totally lost. According to the directions at the beginning of this thread, I have to update the radio to version 3.35.04. Where did this 3.42.50 version come from? Is there any benefit from using one over the other? I've read it's a really bad idea to try to downgrade the radio.

RANT!!:
Is it POSSIBLE for me to somehow RESTORE all my customizations that I had PRIOR to the ROM flash? I used SPB BACKUP to back up my entire flash storage. I spent a LOT of time customizing things and would really like a way to simply RESTORE everything that got wiped in the flash as far as my customizations go. VERY frustrating spending so much time customizing my phone then have it all wiped if I want to upgrade the rom and have to manually do it all over again!!!
Now as for radios and ROM versions there are differences...... Big differences. Basically the higher the ROM or Radio version the more of the bugs/glitches have been worked out.

You will be starting out on the lowest radio available enable GPS on the phone. After you get the initial flash done you can alway upgrade the radio real easy with out having to re customize the phone after a radio flash.

As for customizing it there really is no way of saving a previous customizing after each ROM flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killian1701d View Post
Ok.. im attempting this procedure but ihave a big problem right off..
I run the first program, and i get the little rainbow thing on my pocket pc. the boot loader i think. anyways, it says to disconnect the pocket pc, so i pull the usb cord from it, and then plug it back in. but, after that, i can no longer connect activesync to it. I can unplug the usb from the phone and back, the bootloader goes from "serial" to "usb" but it willNOT connect to activesync, its like it's locked up. Am i forgetting something? please help!
Just plug it in and let your machine find the phone as a plain USB device. When the phone is in the Rainbow screen active synch is no good. After the phone is detected again follow the directions from there.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Fluid View Post
As for customizing it there really is no way of saving a previous customizing after each ROM flash.

Seems to me then that there is a need for some type of backup/restore software just for customizations, for example, to backup and restore program settings for individual programs and other things that you can customize.

But alas I have no coding skillz
Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

mhinkle2 is a n00b

I did this, but now my phone won't boot. THe PPC Geeks pages comes up with the start of the logon info then it just stays on the ppcgeeks picture. What do I do now. Help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development