PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800

janet bicknese is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap90033 View Post
Originally Posted by maverick351ci
OK Here we go,

UPGRADING A USCC 6800 TO USE GPS

I can't find the "Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1" selections. What did I do wrong?????
Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800

Mr. Balls is a n00b
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

I have a PPC6800 that needs to go back to US Cellular for repair. Is it possible to get this back to a "stock" system now that I have upgraded the GPS radio?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Balls View Post
I have a PPC6800 that needs to go back to US Cellular for repair. Is it possible to get this back to a "stock" system now that I have upgraded the GPS radio?
Re-read the first page of this thread, or at least this this one post

basically u can install non-GPS SPL then flash non-GPS radio and ROM, easiest way i've found to do it was install SPL via RUU and then Radio/ROM from an SD Card. Before you start make sure u can flash ROMs normally from your SD card. And of course if you brick it dont blame me. All flashing is done at your own risk. Any radio downgrade from runs the risk of download mode.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC windows 7 phone
Carrier: us cellular

kthiemann78 is a n00b

The man who sold me my mogul was really into this stuff and he sent me a disk with lots of things on it. One of them was the stock rom folder that included:
usctitanextrom.bin
usctitanos.bin
usctitanxip1.bin
usctitanxip2.bin

I tride to unbind the bin files with magic iso and usctitanextrom.bin was viable but none of the others. I put Qwest upgrade on and let it customize my us cell phone SAYS CELLSOUTH AS CARRIER. I should have read a little more before I lept off the edge. I don't know if any of this helps, but let me know.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800

inat1651 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillThyCat View Post
This is my preferred method for flashing the phone for USCC, I think this should actually replace the original posting as it's more accurate and up to date. And so far has never failed after flashing 10+ phones.

The very first thing you should do is download QPST and use it to read the programming off of your phone.

To get your MSL/SPC do a google search for BAFMSL, make sure you have .net 3.5 installed on your phone and it will give you your MSL/SPC. I believe this works on all carriers, where GetSPC only works on Sprint and a few other carriers. If you can't get this to work, there is a registry hack that will create a temp file that shows your SPC as well. It's just more complicated.

You will need this to read your phone's programming with QPST and save the information to a file. (You will need this later, do not skip this step).

Next, I recommend using the SPL2.47 bootloader as it can be done from the phone and doesn't require activesync (to me it's easier, faster, and safer). And also recommended as it supposedly makes the phone faster and more stable.

Once this is put on to the phone, then use any radio newer than 3.27.x, I personally use the latest from DCD. Once this is done, then download DCD 3.1.2 rom (this will be replaced later, just need it to run QPST again).

I do all of my flashing from the bootloader screen, as it's faster and easier to get to. You need a 2gb or smaller MicroSD card and SPL2.47 will format it for you to the correct format.

Once 3.1.2 is on the phone, rerun QPST and write your programming back to the phone (You did save it after reading it, right)

Reboot the phone.

It will come up and say Cell South (This is fine, dial *22 and let it do a PRL update, it will also fix your carrier banner.

Once you are this far, you can then flash any rom you want, DCD, No2Chem, Scrosslers, Etc.

If you guys want to use this as the original post, I will go in and put in more details, etc with links. Just don't want to do all this if it's just going to be overlooked.

BTC
Hi bro, i need ur help i did not do the qpst as this phone once flashed to us cellular it will be activated on there network... as this is on sprint now. i did unlock the phone using SPL2.47 bootloader using the sd card method.. and i can use the sd card to flash the new radio Titan_Radio_ROM_3.42.50... but after this i am confused..which rom to install i downloaded dcd_titan_4.1.2 it is an .exe file.. so i just run it from the pc? and do i have to add the dcd_USCC_Carrier_20080801 file and if so where do i download to so i can run it...Can i run it seperate than the rom file from RUU utility?
Please help... thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800

inat1651 is a n00b

Thanks to BillThyCat... for posting his preferred method steps. i was able to complete it..I have two question sir if u can help me with... 1) i need the htc smart mobility splash screen 2) how do i right us cellular prl to the htc 6800... I will appreciate if some bdy can please help... Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development