PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

try reflashing it from the bootloader. If that doesn't work, build the rom again and then try it.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One thing I am suspicious of.. some people talk about one ROM being buggy.. another not being so buggy.. yet the buggy rom works great for this other person.. Seems to me what you select from the Kitchen probably plays a huge part in the perception of the ROM's performance. Just wish I could add/remove things from it without having to reflash it. My phone's GPS works and other things work.. but it seems less responsive.. and I'm wondering if it could be due to some of the "tweaks" I enabled in the ROM. :\

Now I don't mean that it's so bad that it's unusable.. it's just that it seems to "Think" before it responds to many of my clicks that it used to just respond to instantly. It's got a lot of memory freed up, and there is nothing monopolizing the CPU... weird.

Last edited by petermg; 09-02-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

mhinkle2 is a n00b

I wish you hadn't changed the picture that starts up. Now it's stuck on that and won't finish booting into windows Mobile.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hmmm... weird.. now my Gmail account on my phone is set to IMAP rather than pop3.... and it won't let me change it or create a GMAIL account as pop3 as when it sees it's a gmail account it gets all happy and tells me that the settings have been found. So now for some reason all the emails I had restored to it from my PIM backup are not showing...
Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

larrybagina is a n00b

They might not show up because there is a setting to only show recent emails. I do not remember off hand where to change the setting, but that would be my guess.

I think the username under the gmail settings is something like "recent:username@gmail.com". A search might be of more help than I am.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks, but I actually had my GMAIL account setup as POP3. My guess is that in the ROM I just flashed with, 20273, it's automatic settings for Gmail is IMAP. Either that or I selected a wrong option for my rom.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Talking Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Ok, I've done enough ranting, now here's some raving!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The Live Search on this is UNBELIEVABLE!! I can actually SPEAK for whatever it is I'm searching "Pizza Hut", "Grocery Stores", "Movie Theaters", and it actually RECOGNIZES what I'm saying, and returns results sorted from closest to farthest based on my GPS location!! DUDE!! SERIOUSLY! This is WAY more practical than Google Maps. No offense, I still like Google Maps, and I can see myself move around as a blue dot on the map when I drive or walk, but to be able to actually just SPEAK what I'm looking for and get results with the phone number and directions from my exact location!! That is IMPRESSIVE.... *MOST* impressive.

Last edited by petermg; 09-02-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Ok, I've done enough ranting, now here's some raving!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The Live Search on this is UNBELIEVABLE!! I can actually SPEAK for whatever it is I'm searching "Pizza Hut", "Grocery Stores", "Movie Theaters", and it actually RECOGNIZES what I'm saying, and returns results sorted from closest to farthest based on my GPS location!! DUDE!! SERIOUSLY! This is WAY more practical than Google Maps. No offense, I still like Google Maps, and I can see myself move around as a blue dot on the map when I drive or walk, but to be able to actually just SPEAK what I'm looking for and get results with the phone number and directions from my exact location!! That is IMPRESSIVE.... *MOST* impressive.
YUP..... And to wonder why USCC did not do the GPS upgrade on their own and make customers happy?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok well I'm going to search for a program that will be able to "back up" my customizations or at least my programs so I don't have to reinstall everything that isn't listed in the kitchen. For example, not only the files, but the registry entries as well. Would be nice to not have to redo all my programs then customizations. Would make me a lot less reluctant to flash my phone again if I had such an application.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Question Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

After I build a ROM.. is there a way I can save the file? Like if I want to test different rom selections? It takes a long time to build a rom and I keep getting "Do you wish to overwrite this file?" messages about 100 times each time I build the rom, so I have to hold down the Y or N button forever. I have to babysit it.

Is there a way to save the rom files and then select which rom you wish to use to flash with?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development