PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UsCell HTC6800
Carrier: uscell

jkane13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

If I don't select the three office apps from the list then they won't be there, or since they were there like notes and calendar, they will?

Any reason not to go with 20270 instead of 5060? Is there a "stable" version designator?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkane13 View Post
If I don't select the three office apps from the list then they won't be there, or since they were there like notes and calendar, they will?

Any reason not to go with 20270 instead of 5060? Is there a "stable" version designator?
If you dont select those, they wont be there... basically if it's optional then you'll see it
otherwize, its included... the whole basis for the kitchen is so you can easily customize

as far as the 20270, you should read thru the thread and see what issues others are having...
that is unless you just wanna jump head in and try it out... i think you'll find far less bugs in No2 5067 than 20270
Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UsCell HTC6800
Carrier: uscell

jkane13 is a n00b

Great! Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense too.

I read around a bit, and it sounds like the 20270 and other 5 digit kitchens are an interesting experiment. But 5067 does sound the most stable. I think I'll try it first.

Built a rom last night, but didn't flash it yet. Want to play a couple more times with the options and maybe even add my own .cab for VMNetworkBrowser. It isn't in the list, and I use that aplication right now a lot. This is fun so far!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S.Cellular

chaser74 is keeping up the good workchaser74 is keeping up the good work

just a quick question. when it says update the kithcen does that mean all updates or just the relevant ones?

thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid

I just update the relevant ones pertaining to the titan
Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S.Cellular

chaser74 is keeping up the good workchaser74 is keeping up the good work

Nevermind i got it. For some reason now when i connect ot the internet i have no problems but when i try and retireive emial the connection errors out...does any one have any idea?

Last edited by chaser74; 08-09-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: us cell

JAEPILLA is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to JAEPILLA

i was about to ask the exact same thing... now i've had mine up and running for about 2 weeks now, but i haven't been able to access my gps location in about a week. the first time it did take awhile now it tries to connect to gps, and i see the data connecton but it just keeps trying until it errors out.. whats the problem.. why aren't i a gps connection?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800/samsung epic
Carrier: Reliance India

rishisuri is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to rishisuri Send a message via AIM to rishisuri Send a message via MSN to rishisuri Send a message via Yahoo to rishisuri Send a message via Skype™ to rishisuri

how can i connect to qpst if i am running xp 64 bits can u help me with a generic usb driver
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 (Titan)

DdlyKnight is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Fluid View Post
If you are going to call USCC's Data tech center don't bother..... All they will want to do Is replace it with a new phone. And that is a hassle to get out of. When I did call them I got the new phone but knowing that they would check software and all that good stuff I sent the new phone back. I did get a call on it though and I told them it was working again.
LMAO... That's exactly what happened to me; they decided that because thier "checklist" troubleshooting didn't work (re: fixing data connection) they sent me a new phone (received it 2 days later). Well, I re-flashed the new phone and the same problem with the data connection occured after I installed the USCC Carrier CAB... well, I called them again and tried to use some subtle "social engineering" to get the info I needed to fix the Security Settings Tabs in EPST... didn't work, now they're sending me YET ANOTHER PHONE! THEY DIDN'T EVEN ASK AS TO WHY THEY HADN'T RECEIVED MY ORIGINAL ONE FROM THE LAST REPLACEMENT PHONE! Well, about 1 hour after speaking to the data tech, I tinkered with the EPST settings and figured it out; I even had a USCC friend call in to verify the settings with thier data tech (apparently, they will discuss that with another UCC agent), they discussed how they tried to fix my settings in the past, BUT MADE NO MENTION OF THE PHONE THAT THEY SENT OUT! Now i'm waiting on that 3rd phone (in less than 2 weeks) although my phone is working. I'm going to send back my original first phone (as the return for the first replacement), and see if I can get away with keeping the other (3rd) one that's coming... lol, I"M HOPING I DON'T GET A $1,000.00 bill! Also, I'm trying to find a USCC "stock" RADIO (and possibly SPL) to re-flash to "stock" before I send it back; no luck yet... ANYBODY HAVE ONE? I DO HAVE A 'STOCK' FLASHABLE USCC OS ROM, but that's it! What do you guys think? Has anyone had this happen to them? Will they "catch on" and charge for the phones?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 (Titan)

DdlyKnight is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEPILLA View Post
Another Thing My Phone Says Cellsouth All The Time.. Whats That About? I Selected Us Cellular As The Carrier
Ok, what you need to do is use QPST to change the banner name PERMENANTLY (as in: it will be persistant after any future OS ROM, or CARRIER CAB "reflashes")

1st- Go into EPST EDIT (via dialing ##778 and entering 000000 as
security code).

2nd- Change every instance that reads "CellSouth" to read "US Cellular"

3rd- *Follow THIS guide; STEPS #1 thru #9 (Disregard that it is a GPS fix
Steps #1 thru #9 is the only way I know how to get QPST to read
the Titan.) see below RE: GPS

4th- Once you've completed step #9, go to the "Display" tab in the QPST
and change the banner (you'll see where it still reads "CellSouth") to
read "US Cellular".

5th- Once that is changed (and that ONLY), press the "Write to phone"
selection on the bottom left. DO NOT "SAVE TO FILE" BECAUSE
YOU WILL OVERWRITE THE BACK-UP THAT YOU HAVE
PREVIOUSLYCREATED IN STEP #9!

6th- Exit QPST, and soft reset your phone... you're done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE JAEPILLA:
"i was about to ask the exact same thing... now i've had mine up and running for about 2 weeks now, but i haven't been able to access my gps location in about a week. the first time it did take awhile now it tries to connect to gps, and i see the data connecton but it just keeps trying until it errors out.. whats the problem.. why aren't i a gps connection?"

*NOTE: You can finish the GPS fix if desired (i recommend it... it worked great for me), just make sure that you "write to phone" before going to the "Display" tab for your banner fix, or it won't take the change.

Last edited by DdlyKnight; 08-16-2008 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development