PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

infurnus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to infurnus
Keyboard issues Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1

I just flashed Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1 Selections.txt on my Sprint HTC Titan from the stock 3.35 version and the chars as listed below are not functioning correctly. I originally came from the 5054 wm6 version but it was suggested in the IRC to flash the stock rom to ensure it was not a hardware failure of any sort.

After flashing the stock rom everything was as it was supposed to be. Then i flashed the 5060 wm6.1 version back to the device. After removing the battery then preforming a hard reset it still did the same thing. I hard reset the phone again just to see and again the keys are still not correct.

Heres a legend of incorrect keys. On the left is what I push on the right is whats displayed. The rest of the keys are normal.

Letters---
q= nothing i hear a system bell
o= ""
a= ""
l= "" < small L
z= ""

caps are the same as above.

Symbols && numbers---
@=2
!=1
#= nothing
(=9
)= space
%=5
&=7
*= Symb screen

options key + symb brings on screen keyboard

Heres the build log

http://pastebin.com/f6e506acd

Heres some mirrors if pastebin craps out

http://rafb.net/p/kWgRmB41.txt
http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/63381/

Here are the internals of the Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1 Selections.txt

SelectionsVersion=.90.04
KitchenDir=Kitchens\Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1.rar:;
OptionalModuleDir=kitchens\000_Shareware.rar:
OptionalModuleDir=kitchens\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar:
ModuleDir=USER_OEM
ExtraDir=
OutputDir=Temp
PreProcessTool=
PostProcessTool=
ROMDeviceType=Titan
ROMRevType=GPS
ROMOSType=WM6.1
DeviceRUUType=Standard
PagePoolSize=4
SelectedBootSplashImage=240x320,PPCkitchen2.png
SelectedSubSplashImage=240x320,PPCkitchen2.png
SelectedMainSplashImage=320x320,6.1_welcomehead.96 .png

The _ONLY_ thing that I modified is I added 1 additional 240x320 boot splash screen of a non moving gif. I don't believe this to be the source of the keyboard layout issue but I probably need to disclose that.

I updated buildos today around 8ish CST I am going to flash the 5054 wm6.1 to see if this is any different so I won't be keeping this rom on my device but I can flash it back if need be.

Eh dont know if this would help but here are my md5's

[C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\]
000_Shareware.rar 612bf81337f1cd270cfda07a5e9e39e8
PPCGeeks_OEM.rar ec3d79051c3edb1c7093f9b2b967b502
Titan_3.35_WM6.rar e45241dbe968abd2b40f7b327c949c86
Titan_No2Chem_5054_wm6.1.rar cd69a7dc96245025a354020d88402238
Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1.rar c83638e13b8f3b1ac91c330992ae2e8c

EDIT: i just finished flashing 5054 and I am still having the keyboard issue as listed above nothing has changed :\ i hope i am not the only one having the problem.

Last edited by infurnus; 04-16-2008 at 01:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Keyboard issues Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1

maybe try one of nexvisions roms, and see if it still does it. if it doesnt, it is either the installation of buildos or that you arent selecting something... most likely the first.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

longshot, but try this titan cab fix right from the UTStarcom website. it was made to supposedly fix keyboard errors while using MS Live Search..
on my stock VZW rom, i did indeed need to install this cab to get my keyboard to function right..
worth a shot...
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_Titan_KeyFix.zip (58.2 KB, 629 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infurnus is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to infurnus

Thanks for the post! i think i possibly tracked it down i have flashed my phone too many times to count ;p. I think it is the null keyboard app or at least one of the keyboard options i just flashed Symbol Pad Input Method app only and now my keyboard works. So its definitely not the rom. i have to get some sleep but ill try to continue testing tomorrow to see if i can nail the program down to exactly whats causing it.

EDIT: i just saw your post nickles ill try it tomorrow ill break it and see if i can fix it
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

The same thing happened to me last night when I flashed from the kitchen. I reflashed with out the touch keyboard and all worked fine.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann

That could be it.. hetaldp's version of touch keyboard has different reg entries so we may have to go back to the original version (which worked.. not sure why he wanted us to change it really)

Try the attached (CaptJager) version (put the folder from the zip in your User_OEM folder) instead of the hetaldp version and see if it fixes the keyboard issue. If so, we'll just revert for next update.

Testing here right now as well. On the test device I have hetaldp version and a broken hardware keyboard. Trying with old version and i'll update. (Same actual software version, just different reg entries, btw)

Edit:
That fixes the issue. On a side note though, Touch Keyboard seems to be responsible for the repeat keypresses some people are getting on titan.

Edit:
Seems to be the word completion dll being used. I changed the completion back to stock in hetal's OEM and it works fine. I'll have that for next update then.

Summary: Broken keys = HTC Touch Keyboard. Repeating keys = Keyboard Fix Cab. Both fixed for next update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Touch KeyBoard.zip (1.05 MB, 229 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tiermann; 04-17-2008 at 01:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

I'm having the key repeating problem on the slide out keyboard that more and more people are having on the new gps enabled roms. I installed the HTC Titan KeyFix.cab file found in post #3 of this thread and no more repeats. THANK YOU GUYS so much. That was driving me nuts. I still have the old keyboard problem with one or 2 of my keys you have to press twice as hard as the other to work. I think that is a hardware problem cause I know a few people on alltel official stock rom that have that same problem.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-16-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Loki007420 is a n00b

i had a weird problem yesterday with my 5060 rom... all my letters would type in all caps, i had to turn on the caps lock on my keypad to type lowercase letters... But today it works fine and i didnt do anythign to it lol..
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
That could be it..
awesome find !!! thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

I install both files and my mogul still gives me repeats and i have to press some buttons hard for the letter to appear very annoying.....I hope HTC comes out with a solution to this..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development