PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6800

rodoc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to upgrade an xv6800 with the new Sprint ROM

Hi everybody, I'm new to the site. I was looking for bluetooth fixes for my xv6800. It will not transfer files to other bluetooth pdas even though they find each other and I can create the partnership. When I go to send my phone locks up and I have to do a soft reset. It like it gets stuck searching. Also what are the soft keys I keep reading about for a hard reset. Sorry about the basic questions but I am very new to this. Thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker

$incere is a n00b

Man, I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong but I can't get the Sprint ROM to even load. I keep getting an "Error(260): Connection error. I establish the Activesync connection, start the Sprint update, it puts my phone in the Bootloader mode, then a few seconds later I get the error on the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

[EDIT:] I was able to get around the problem. Did you guys know this site has a nifty "Search" feature.......LOL

Last edited by $incere; 04-09-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Lurker

gormly is a n00b

I think I might have screwed something up.
I did this upgrade on my XV6800 and all looks ok, but I cannot make a call, it says they can not authenticate my phone.

Yikes!

any ideas what I missed?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gormly View Post
I think I might have screwed something up.
I did this upgrade on my XV6800 and all looks ok, but I cannot make a call, it says they can not authenticate my phone.

Yikes!

any ideas what I missed?
Dial *228, then select option 1... it should reboot itself when finished..
if still no go, you'll have to call verizon.. just simply tell them you did a hard reset, and you need to be re-authenticated..
Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid

McBadass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
if still no go, you'll have to call verizon.. just simply tell them you did a hard reset, and you need to be re-authenticated..
I did this, and while I can make a call, I still can't connect to the internet. I've been working on this for the last week and have been talking to Verizon. They want me to just switch the phone but I'd like to figure out how to fix it in case it happens again.

Anyone else have more problems with the internet after effing up with the Sprint rom?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Lurker

gormly is a n00b

Quote:

Thank you.. they were helpful and didnt ask questions.
Awesome!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800

bad2thebon3 is a n00b

This is my first time posting and I'd like to thank the original poster and everyone else involved to make this upgrade available and doable for us. I followed the steps on the first page and managed to get WM 6.1 verizon DCD 3.0.1 install on my phone. my whole propose of the upgrade was to take advantage of the built in GPS. I installed google maps and when i start the program it tries to connect to the internet. I don't have data plan on my phone so i get charged. Does gps require date plan or at least data connection to work ? one more thing to note is that on the touch screen dial pad im missing the send and end keys.

thank you for your help
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad2thebon3 View Post
I installed google maps and when i start the program it tries to connect to the internet. I don't have data plan on my phone so i get charged. Does gps require date plan or at least data connection to work ?
GPS itself does not require a data plan, but both Google Maps and MS Live Search rely on downloading the maps to your phone.. and for this, yes, you will be charged, as it will be using data. and lots of it.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800

bad2thebon3 is a n00b

Quote:
GPS itself does not require a data plan, but both Google Maps and MS Live Search rely on downloading the maps to your phone.. and for this, yes, you will be charged, as it will be using data. and lots of it.
prior to the upgrade i still was able to use google maps through the WiFi setup. so what is the purpose of upgrading the rom if the situation remains the same ? sorry if these are basic questions...i am fairly new to this and i did as much reading as i could. the WM 6.1 dcd 3.0.1 seems to be buggy. some times the scroll up and down wont work , and you can not customize the menu, and other issues that i am running in with the touch screen.

thank you
Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

buckyswider is a n00b

Mr. Thorogood,

Go over to the main Titan forum and read the "official" GPS thread. Here's the difference in a nutshell:

- Without a GPS, you can get approximate locations by using "aGPS" (assisted GPS). It triangulates your postion via the cell towers you're pinging.
- With a GPS, it uses the actual GPS satellites to get a much better fix on your location. It can use the cell towers to help out if it needs to.
- There are many progams you can buy which allow you to store the maps locally on your SD card. Then you can use the GPS chips to navigate without any data connection.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development