PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to upgrade an xv6800 with the new Sprint ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheu001 View Post
Why do I have to be the dipsh!t to ask? How do I undo my screw-up if the Sprint customizations ran when I took a phone call (on desk phone--didn't see the *@&# countdown timer!)

Anyone got any idea how to fix an Alltel phone? I've tried reloading Olipro 2.40, then falling back to 3.27 which was an older radio that supported GPS. Because of Sprint's "special sauce", I don't seem to be able to downgrade. Also tried downgrading to dcd's custom Titan ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

That ROM installs OK, but the dialer still shows "Sprint PCS" and it won't activate on Alltel using *228.
Im not positive on this, there was a post about what you need to write down in some settings on your phone before you ever flash the thing.

But I was wondering, Cant you just find the relocker for titan (on this board) and then flash back to stock roms, then probably call alltel on your landline to get the ESN re registered, as if you just got a new phone??

PS where you are at now, I cant say it wouldnt be worth a try. DID you cook your own, instead of loadin a custom rom, I dunno, maybe, it might do more
Old 03-27-2008, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800, no2chem 50xx

theTastyCat is a n00b

Hi all - did Olipro 2.40, Sprint ROM 3.35 without letting it customize, and the new no2chem 6.1 kitchen. Looks great, phone works, but no internet. Called for a new a-key, got one, didn't fix it. When I would go back, the a-key would be blank. Finally they gave me a new a-key which I also wrote down; still no luck.

The error I am getting is "Error 11: PPP connection error." Then the usual box about cannot connect, username and password wrong. Verizon tech told me to put (mymobilenumber)@vzw3g.com as username, vzw for password, no domain. This didn't fix it. I seem to recall never needing a username or password on my 6700. It doesn't save the password, either.

One last thought: I did write down my MSID, but it was the same after flashing. Couldn't find the MDN or whatever to write down - any chance this or *228 or *22899 could have any effect, all of which I've tried?

All this work you all have done is magnificent and I thank you from the bottom of my heart - I just wish I could get it to function on my 6800! Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

blargh... okay so you all might make fun of me because it might seem like i have OCD but I just want my phone to be nice. okay, so i unlock my phone, then i update my phone with the new sprint rom... making sure to soft reset before custimization... la la la, i have tried flashing with 3.0.1 and 2.3.1 verizon dcd roms, to no avail. it still says sprint pcs next to the little phone icon on the today screen and in the dialer... i have also tried making my own rom in both the 3.0.1 kitchen and the 2.3.1 (?) kitchen. please somebody tell me what i am doing wrong and what i need to do to make it say verizon wireless!!! thank you all for your time in advance and thank you to the author who created this thread as it helped me much... im almost there!! thanks guys

also... when i go into today settings to fiddle with placement of things, it says VZW and not sprint... but on the actual screen it says SPRINT pcs and the data connection settings mention verizon wireles... we just need to figure out how to change the damn today screen and the dialer, thanks again guys

sorry.. one last thing... does anyone know where to find a listing of details about which each feature is dcds? specifically if there is one that gives a battery icon? thanks

Last edited by rhannahs19; 03-27-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

found something that can fix our problem!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15512
Old 03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Ozone

scheu001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Im not positive on this, there was a post about what you need to write down in some settings on your phone before you ever flash the thing.

But I was wondering, Cant you just find the relocker for titan (on this board) and then flash back to stock roms, then probably call alltel on your landline to get the ESN re registered, as if you just got a new phone??

PS where you are at now, I cant say it wouldnt be worth a try. DID you cook your own, instead of loadin a custom rom, I dunno, maybe, it might do more
Is the relocker carrier specific? Mine was an Alltel phone, which now believes it's a Sprint phone. I tried putting the original Alltel WM6 build on it, but the build installer bombs out.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

rickyrad is a n00b

I am a Verizon user. I did everything but the GPS does not seam to be working. Any suggestions!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

buckyswider is a n00b

What GPS program are you using?? I use google maps. Sometimes it can take 10-30 minutes to get a good lock, first time after reset (but I hear the newest radio is much quicker). There's lots of info about 'priming' the GPS chip, and it seems like google is a good program to do this with. Did you take your phone outside and wait...and wait...and wait???
Old 04-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

I spent a number of weeks reading through the mountains of information about upgrading/flasing/kitchens and all that stuff.
It really very overwhelming. I found some posts that were pretty explicit, but yet i still was unable to truly understand what the process looked like.
I've made a quick walkthrough document for those a little nervous about their first flash.

hope it helps someone.. it's specific to No2Chem's ROM and PPCKitchen, but is applicable in the same ways, for other kitchens and roms as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf No2Chem Kitchen flash.pdf (1.28 MB, 486 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Nickles; 05-18-2008 at 03:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

raywilcox99 is a n00b

Here is the link for how to revert your 6800 back to stock:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23053

I did spend an hour or so working with Verizon on the internet issues. What we found out is that 1 or 2 of thier server validation sites were lagging out and/or just not authenticating with my service. It took several tries and a lot of patience on our end but we got it going.

Just make sure that when u call in that u ask for Tier 3 for support and create the ticket. They are 24hrs and have no time limit on fixing the issues.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid

McBadass is a n00b

If I was a giant idiot and flashed sprint and let it do the customization, is there a way to fix it?

Edit: Just found it. Sorry for the post

EDIT X2: Ok, so I followed the steps to repair above, and everything looked alright.

I then followed the steps at the beginning of this thread (made sure not to boot into the Sprint rom) and then flashed the most recent kitchen.

I still cannot *228. It's saying it's not a legit service number or something.

I followed the steps EXACTLY on the first post. Am I stil doing something wrong? Do I need to get a new A Key before I try flashing the latest kitchen (get the a-key, put it on the stock Verizon rom, and THEN flash?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by McBadass; 04-08-2008 at 04:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development