PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VetVito's Aero Windows Mobile (6.1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elude79 View Post
HI VetVito's,

LOVE your ROM... I am using the Universal Rom for my VerizonWireless XV6800. Work great... no trouble so far. Except, Now i am UNABLE to to receive my MMS. Note: I do not have Data Package w/ my provider so what you removed is great. However, it's there another way i can receivemy MMS w/out have to DIAL in to Verizon? Pls help if you know how. I can manually create that DIAL Up option, but i just dont want my phone to dial in verizon and start using data w/o me knowning. That's the reason why i have WIFI option....hihihi
Do you know how to ENABLE GPS on XV6800 w. this ROM. I still haven;t able to enable GPS on my phone yet. Any help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....
No Data No MMS, I haven't tried it with wifi. No Data, then you will need something like TomTom to use GPS, or try Google Maps with Wifi and select the use GPS option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaf98 View Post
ok here is my question will this work on my sprint touch and if so will my internet work? for cricket? btw great job on this build
Titan Forum. I think someone put out a Touch version in the Touch Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smoothcat View Post
I can't use the beam option. Wifi will not work either. My weather works fine. How do I get my mms going on this rom. That is the only thing I am missing.
Beam is Disabled in the Registry. Wifi works, read the instruction manual on setting it up. Refer to your carrier instructions for settting up MMS. You will need their information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman247 View Post
This ROM (sprint version) is working great for me.

I would like to keep my data connection from transfering data only during times of data usage. I have noticed with this ROM is is always attempting or appears to be transfering data. Am I seeing this for a good reason? How do I stop this?

How do I keep the Organizer screen open form more time? it seems to revert back to my home after 4 -5 seconds.

Side note, I want to add the HTC Gallery and the HTC home customizer that is used in NexVision"s Hybrid. Will I need to add anything to this ROM to get those working? Does anybody know where I can find those particular files?

If you are using the latest build then it shouldn't be doing this. Just disconnect data with the Comm Manager. Look for cabs on the other stuff.

++++++++++++
Page 9 for Preview
++++++++++++
Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: sprint

Drewman247 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Drewman247 Send a message via MSN to Drewman247 Send a message via Yahoo to Drewman247

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
If you are using the latest build then it shouldn't be doing this. Just disconnect data with the Comm Manager. Look for cabs on the other stuff.

++++++++++++
Page 9 for Preview
++++++++++++
As far as I know I am using the latest build. I disconnect via the comm manager, once my activesyc follows its schedule the data transfer arrows stay on as if it is transfering data continually. If I kill the data connection I will loose my sync until I force my data again.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't recall data being used with ActiveSync. How are you Syncing with Data? I'm Lost
Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Drewman247 Send a message via MSN to Drewman247 Send a message via Yahoo to Drewman247

My appologies, I sync over the air with my exchange server. once I do any kind of data connection it will cause the data arrows to appear to be constantly sending/recieving data. I would like to eliminate this because I think it may have adverse effects on my battery life.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Over the Air, you will have to manually disconnect it. No way around it.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I did not have this issue with the other 2 ROMS that I played with nor with the OEM Sprint. I appriciate your time and effort. This ROM kicks A$$. I just can not have a constant data connection. I need my battery..
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tprevett is a n00b

What you are seeing is direct push. You can turn it off without disabling your data connection. You need to do this (From the front page of this thread)
__________________________________________________ _________
Use this if you want to change what button show up too.
Simple Reg fix for Comm Manager:

Go to:
HKey_Local_Machine/Software/HTC/CommManager

You will see folders numbered like this:

Delete the folder you do not wish to see on the CommManager, and rename the other folders accordingly. EX. if you delete folder 3 , then rename folder 4 to number 3 , and folder 5 to number 4 and so on.

After that click on the CommManager folder and change the SupportedFunctions from 7 to 6.

*Note*
"AUTD" is the Microsoft direct push mail, I deleted this folder on mine as the data connection will do the same job.

That's it.
You do not need to soft reset, just make sure the CommManager is closed, use TaskManager to close it. Then open it back up and you should see the changes.
__________________________________________________ _____________

YOu will now be able to disable direct push from the comm manager, but leave your data stream available. (I don't really need Flightmode, so I just edited the "0" entry, and replaced "Flightmode" with "AUTD"

Prev

Last edited by tprevett; 03-03-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I did exactly what you said. I was able to utilize the direct push function, I initiated a data transfer, then once complete I used the task manager and Oxio close aps to ensure that nothing else was accessing the data function. I still had data transfer arrows. This really sux. I enjoyed this ROM but didnt make it through a whold day on charge. Thanks again everybody for the help.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tprevett is a n00b

I also found that while at work (very poor signal), Mogul would heat up really bad and literraly suck the life out of the battery. This happened with the OEM rom, as well as VetVito's rom. I found that if I disable direct push while at work (when I have a very poor signal), and leave the data connecting active, the phone does not heat up, and battery drain isn't an issue. One thing I am pretty sure of is that these phones, if a poor signal is detected, it will boost power on the phone (hence heat and quick battery drain) to try to compensate, and when you use direct push, it is a constant connection, so it never gets to go to low power mode.

I will do some testing today to confirm or refute my theory on the above. I will be an area with a very bad signal, and I have turned off Direct Push. I"ll see if the device heats up and sucks the life out of the battery. Yesterday I didn't turn off direct push, and it was hot and sucked 76% of the battery in 3 hours (only 34% remaining)...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Im still very interested in this ROM, I went back to No2Chems recent and I am not having the issue with the data connection and battery will be checked throught the day. I had to charge my batt at about 4pm yesterday and it was dead agian by 11pm last night. I might just have to load the ROM again. IT might have been a bad load.????? If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.. I am new to this so I dont know what it would be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development