PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Overall Experience
Did this help you? 2,147,483,647 100.00%
Easy to understand? 2,147,483,647 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

funpunx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to funpunx Send a message via Yahoo to funpunx Send a message via Skype™ to funpunx
first of all, thank you thank you thank you. i've been slowly picking this stuff up over at XDA but it gets confusing once the top post gets edited. one step confuses me a bit though:
Quote:
***Now it's time to upgrade your phone**

3. If running pre-3.16 code,
>>>a. run the relocker, if you have already unlocked your spl
(don't worry about getting out of the bootloader - tri-color screen)
>>>b. skip this step if you are running an official carrier released rom (ex 2.09 or 2.17)
of course i'm running a stock rom. i'm a "first timer". i know it says to skip this step but it gets more confusing later on as far as unlocking/relocking. i really want to try DCD's 2.2 rom but i'm still a little skittish.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpunx View Post
first of all, thank you thank you thank you. i've been slowly picking this stuff up over at XDA but it gets confusing once the top post gets edited. one step confuses me a bit though:

of course i'm running a stock rom. i'm a "first timer". i know it says to skip this step but it gets more confusing later on as far as unlocking/relocking. i really want to try DCD's 2.2 rom but i'm still a little skittish.
Not to worry .. just have fun.
Ok, so if you are running a stock rom, then just skip this step. You only need to run the relocker if you have been using custom 2.xx roms. Since you haven't, then skip it and go to step 4.
It would be silly to ever make a promise or guarantee, but if you follow these steps, you should have a great experience.
Enjoy!

Last edited by quantumforce1; 02-05-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

funpunx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to funpunx Send a message via Yahoo to funpunx Send a message via Skype™ to funpunx
right, but i'm on verizon so running the next step isn't necessary either. i just need the corerct radio (3.27) right? so i can upgrade the radio and then install DCD's ROM?

this is the most confusing part. because some places say to do it in this order and some say otherwise.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpunx View Post
right, but i'm on verizon so running the next step isn't necessary either. i just need the corerct radio (3.27) right? so i can upgrade the radio and then install DCD's ROM?

this is the most confusing part. because some places say to do it in this order and some say otherwise.
DCD's ROMs are great. So just follow the steps through and then you don't even need to be concerned with the radio thing at all. You will just know it will work correctly because when you install the unofficial released 3.16 package that includes the 3.27 radio.
It is a bit scary at first, but just relax and follow the procedure. You will have great results.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

streeker is a n00b
Great thread. Rep'ed. Can you please explain how to install the custom rom with a little more detail for me. The RUU step. Everything else I think I understand perfectly.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by streeker View Post
Great thread. Rep'ed. Can you please explain how to install the custom rom with a little more detail for me. The RUU step. Everything else I think I understand perfectly.
Check the post again. I added some additional detail.
Let me know if that answers your questions about the RUU step.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jeffreynew23 is just getting started
Ok i am on the bootloader tri colored screen and I am attempting to load my old rom because the new 6.1 will not load up. I unlocked my phone with TITA100 SPL-1.20 Olipro. Does this make any sense?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynew23 View Post
Ok i am on the bootloader tri colored screen and I am attempting to load my old rom because the new 6.1 will not load up. I unlocked my phone with TITA100 SPL-1.20 Olipro. Does this make any sense?
Just start at step 3.
Then go back to step 1 & 2 to get your phone codes.
Then follow the procedure from step 4 on.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jeffreynew23 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumforce1 View Post
Just start at step 3.
Then go back to step 1 & 2 to get your phone codes.
Then follow the procedure from step 4 on.

quote you are a lifesaver. It seems to be working. I'm not sure if this stays on topic, but i was reading your steps and I still cant figure out what I did to get into this mess. I want to install the 6.1 ROM or the new ROM with GPS was my problem the wrong unlocker?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynew23 View Post
you are a lifesaver. It seems to be working. I'm not sure if this stays on topic, but i was reading your steps and I still cant figure out what I did to get into this mess. I want to install the 6.1 ROM or the new ROM with GPS was my problem the wrong unlocker?
Yeah .. that is what is sounded like for sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development