PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7
Carrier: Verizon

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-6-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Toolse

Hi Tinkerbell - I finally got some time to flash your ROM, and it is a success! It turns out I was stuck on the radio step, but mine was already GPS enabled when it came in the box (3.37), so I flashed your ROM (step 5 in your archive), and it was fine. There was also something wrong with the cable, so I got another one.

You mentioned that it is possible to enter a high-memory mode by disabling the camera. Could you please elaborate as to how I can do that?

Thanks for all of your help!

EDIT: Found it under settings, nevermind!

Last edited by trysomeothertime; 11-24-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: [5-6-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Toolse

Oopsie... I just saw that you had a question here. Sorry I didn't get back sooner! Glad you got it figured out there!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Oopsie... I just saw that you had a question here. Sorry I didn't get back sooner! Glad you got it figured out there!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yay to PPCGeeks for keeping these legacy forums open. BOO to xda for shutting us out. Thanks Tinkerbell for still being interested in the little guy.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hi Tinkerbell,

Although I was able to custom flash your and RyanMogul's ROMs, and the phone/data work fine, it appears that I have lost GPS functionality (which I was able to get working in the stock ROM). Is there something I need to do with the QSPT and reset settings for Verizon?

I am using 3.37 radio, which I was not able to update via your utility, but I figured it would not matter, since its already GPS enabled (all 3.35 and up are GPS enabled, as I understand).

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysomeothertime View Post
Hi Tinkerbell,

I am using 3.37 radio, which I was not able to update via your utility, but I figured it would not matter, since its already GPS enabled (all 3.35 and up are GPS enabled, as I understand).

Thanks!
That is not completely true. Verizon still locks the GPS on the Titan on the devices that it sold. What utility are you referring to that you could not update? Thanks
Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is what on my XV6800 right now:

ROM version: RM 1.5 (the last ROM I flashed is RyanMogul's WM 6.1 light to try out)
Radio version: 3.37.78

This radio has not been updated - the phone came stock (brand new) with the stock radio and MR2. When I wanted to flash your ROM, you sent me the Verizon GPS Toolset, and told me to follow steps 3-5.

Step 4 is "4 - Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 - PRI 2.03_002" folder, to flash the radio. It says in the instructions "1. Flash via RUU by opening the RUU folder and running the ROMUpdateUtility.exe, or microSD card that is 2 Gb or smaller and has been previously formated in FAT32."

I click on ROMUpdateUtility.exe, and the phone enters bootloader, gets to the gray screen with the % bar, thinks for a bit, gets to 8% with the flashing, and then suddenly reboots and the screen on the computer says "This update utility cannot be used for your PDA Phone. Please check your Update Utility."

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

As a follow up thought, should I buy a 2GB or less card to try to flash the radio that way? Previously, with a stock Verizon ROM MR2 I could not update from 3.37 stock radio to 3.42 from the card, and the card actually could not be written to anymore after I tried that (ended up throwing it away). However, now that I flashed a custom ROM, would this be possible now?

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Hi! You are showing Radio Version 3.37.78. If you cannot flash step 4 of the toolset, then you still have restrictions. I believe you still have the MR2 lock, although you have said that you once had GPS functioning. Interesting. I would start at step one of the GPS Toolset and proceed through the steps. You should be able to get your GPS functioning today if you do so. Let us know!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

I got the GPS working. The RUU method (Step 4 in your folder) for flashing the radio to 3.42.50 from stock 3.37 did not work. I bought a 2GB microsd, and formatted it using the method described in this post

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/324053-post10.html

Previously, I broke my microsd card by formatting it through My Computer->right click>format, so just dug around until I found the proper way to do it.

I then flashed the radio 3.42.50 using the card, and it worked fine. Now I had RyanMogul's ROM and the GPS radio, but could not get a lock in clear sky. I re-flashed ROMs, but to no avail.

I then found RyanMogul's post "Here is a fix for GPS for all you VX6800 users that gps will not function!!"
xda-developers - View Single Post - 12/26/09 Multi-Carrier (Heavy) Titan ROMs WM6.1 and WM6.5 by Ryan Mogul

And after following through with instructions how to flash back to stock, then re-flash back to his ROM, I found the correct Verizon QPST settings here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/...gps-guide.html

Then I re-flashed a custom ROM, fixed the registry, and voila! Got a GPS fix inside in about 5 seconds!!!

If anyone gets a Verizon stock ROM/radio XV6800, I would be glad to help out. It seems it has been only a couple of years since the activity ceased for the device, but most of the forum links for downloads/etc. were dead, and it took the whole day today to get this thing working. Thanks for the help, its great that we have a forum that is still active!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development