PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7
Carrier: Verizon

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-6-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Toolse

Tinkerbell,

I am finally going to flash your ROM - was too busy the last month or two. I needed to make sure that the particular ROM/Radio will work with Verizon - do I need to call Verizon to provide me with some sort of key after flashing, and will that work today?

Also, do you have a set of directions to follow for your particular ROM? I know nothing about flashing and do not have any programs installed, and a lot of the old guides no longer reference the needed files. I am very afraid to brick this device or be stuck on a certain step, as I have really grown to like it, but was hoping to get a little more responsiveness out of it.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: [5-6-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Toolse

Hi! You don't need to get a key from Verizon. Your device will still work on the Verizon network after the flash. There is a detailed readme file with instructions included in the rar. Have fun!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

Since I am starting with a locked device stock MR.2 ROM which came preloaded from Verizon on the device, do I need to run the Hard-SPL 2.40 or the nuespl 2.47?

I found this thread here, which tells me how to flash from a stock Verizon ROM to a custom ROM
HowTo go from a stock lock xv6800 to an unlock xv6800 Titan with Custom ROM - xda-developers

The first step is "For ppl with MR1 or MR2 Rom!!! you need to downgrade to Verizon 2.09 org. stock rom!! FIRST!!
Here you go, read this: XDA-Developers
When done come back for the upgrade" The wiki on xda is no longer available, so I am not sure what to do...

Do your directions already automate this process, or should I go through some sort of an unlocker / go back to the original stock ROM before upgrading?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

Also, it seems like the guide in the link below

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-deve...r-own-rom.html

states that I do not have to downgrade to the first Verizon ROM, and can directly unlock through nuespl or Olipro. Sorry for being clueless here, just trying to be extra careful not to brick the phone...could you please clarify about this?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Yes, there are a few confusing articles out there about the subject. Download this toolset, and then execute steps three through five and you will be running a new Rom in no time. There are detailed instructions included with each of the steps. Enjoy!

Tinkerbell's Verizon GPS Toolset v1.23.rar
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell, I cannot move past step 1 (unlocking) either through the RUU or the 2 GB micro SD card.

Through RUU, I get into the bootloader, and it still says Spl-2.07 (not 2.40 per the instructions).

When I go the micro SD card route with nueSPL 2.47, I do everything per the directions stated in the .pdf file, but when I click continue after the device passed all checks (formatted FAT32 from the device directly), a message pops up "You're still here?...Fatal error!"

Thankfully, the titan_exitbl.exe worked both times, and I am back in Windows Mobile. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, when I booted back into WM following the RUU attempt, I got a message that SPL cleanup utility can't run, but then the phone went back into WM just fine. Do I need to perform some sort of a cleanup of the device or deleting some files before I attempt the unlocking again?

Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Humm... you stated that you cannot move past the first step. Don't do steps one and two from the toolset, but start at step three. If you read up at post #295 we mentioned to 'execute steps three through five'. The first two steps are for a specific purpose that you don't need. Sorry for the confusion.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tinkerbell,

What I meant was the first of the three steps you mentioned. So essentially step 3 out of 5. The phone just sits in bootloader when I attempt to flash from RUU. What is strange, is that it says something along the lines of TITA100 SPL 2.07 and CDLP-9 on the first colored bar, NOT 2.40 or 2.47. The SD method doesn't work per the description in the above post.

I appreciate your help!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysomeothertime View Post
Tinkerbell,

What I meant was the first of the three steps you mentioned. So essentially step 3 out of 5. The phone just sits in bootloader when I attempt to flash from RUU. What is strange, is that it says something along the lines of TITA100 SPL 2.07 and CDLP-9 on the first colored bar, NOT 2.40 or 2.47. The SD method doesn't work per the description in the above post.

I appreciate your help!
Humm, okkay. I am away from my PC at the moment. I can't remember if I have run into the issue that you describe before. I will need to check my notes to offer additional support.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development