PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   T-Mobile Vibrant (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Prl or profile update? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142235)

jimmiekain 03-28-2011 02:02 PM

Prl or profile update?

A friend of mine for the galaxy s 4G on t-mobile and her internet is kind of funky... I have the sprint evo and usually when it acts like hers is I can do a profile update. Problem is I don't see the option to do either a profile or Prl update on her phone. Do gsm carriers allow this?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CFay 04-07-2011 09:08 AM

Re: Prl or profile update?

Hi, make sure you're using the new (updated) 3G sim card from TMobile and running a variant of the newest software from TMobile. Try flashing stock first to see if the issue persist. I had a similar issue with my Tmobile phone in my college town (reception was sub-par there). Also, if youre around wifi a lot, the wifi sharing app is good for getting data/calls/texts while youre temporarily out of service but it does tax your battery.
-CFay

jimmiekain 04-08-2011 12:01 AM

I will check to make sure she has the newest one. Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

masetas 07-06-2011 01:04 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So no prl updates then for gsm?
Must suck having to wait for the carrier to send an updated sim card

masetas 08-07-2011 01:27 AM

Didnt want to create a new,thread for this but how come no development thread , no activity whatsoever I take it no one liked this phone then

gTen 08-07-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2135749)
Didnt want to create a new,thread for this but how come no development thread , no activity whatsoever I take it no one liked this phone then

Simply put..because I didn't have time to manage all the variants..so I only did what I could with a phone I personally had experience with being the Epic..this essentially meant every other variant got no love...:/

masetas 08-11-2011 08:04 PM

so your the mod for all the galaxy s line then ?
but no love for the other phones is not good.... LOL

EPIC #1 oh and if the W7 phone users see this and disagree that doesnt matter cause to me its #1 and thats that... lol

gTen 08-11-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2136836)
so your the mod for all the galaxy s line then ?
but no love for the other phones is not good.... LOL

EPIC #1 oh and if the W7 phone users see this and disagree that doesnt matter cause to me its #1 and thats that... lol

It would not be physically possible for me to put up enough effort for all the variants...due to time constraints I am barely able to do all the stuff I wanted to for Epic :(...

maybe I'd have a bit more time to do stuff if I resisted the urge to go out on a 500 multi-quote discussion with people but as they say..bad habits die hard >.> lol

masetas 08-12-2011 12:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Lol... Well good thing u picked the epic as your phone which allowed us to get all the help u give us. But still sucks for the varriants.. Lol