PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   So... I guess I have to leave sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151083)

revaaron 09-29-2012 07:25 PM

So... I guess I have to leave sprint

in 3 months, my company is moving to a new building and there is no sprint service in the building. All the other companies put repeaters inside the building, but sprint wont. I guess everyone is migrating off sprint company wide.

fixxxer2012 09-29-2012 09:46 PM

Re: So... I guess I have to leave sprint

your better off on a more reliable carrier anyways.

rootlinux 09-30-2012 11:28 AM

Sprint is very reliable for me.
LTE supposed to be all around me in the next few months and unlimited data.
Where else can you get that?

EyeB 09-30-2012 09:33 PM

sprint uses repeaters, well femtocells, it's called sprint airwave for them but yeah, they can be put in place

where i work, sprint placed a sprint tower on top of the building for the area, then they put the airwaves around buliding as a benefit for letting them use the building.

revaaron 10-02-2012 03:20 PM

when I plug my airwave in, it makes my network unusable at home and it makes my phone unusable for txt/calls.
1) txts exhibit a 15 minute lag
2) calls don't come through
3) has to be rebooted all the time
4) my phone doesn't let go of it when I leave my house

rainfreak 10-04-2012 10:09 AM

There are many commercial options available to you, even at the consumer level. Try a search on Google for "wireless 1900 MHz amplifier Sprint" and you will find quite a bit. As I was reading this post I happened to be on the phone with my CDW account manager and he quoted me one that offers 3G and 4G for up to 200 client devices for just over $1,000. That is a small investment from your company if they are saving more than that each year with Sprint's service.

OMJ 10-05-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 2187045)
when I plug my airwave in, it makes my network unusable at home and it makes my phone unusable for txt/calls.
1) txts exhibit a 15 minute lag
2) calls don't come through
3) has to be rebooted all the time
4) my phone doesn't let go of it when I leave my house

have you called Sprint about the airave issue? Maybe it's bad & they'll send u a new one...

revaaron 10-24-2012 09:12 AM

I have yet to call them about this.
Tempted to get a galaxy note 2 and then just roam all the time.

Dr.8820 10-26-2012 02:12 AM

Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; Radar 4G))

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux
Sprint is very reliable for me.
LTE supposed to be all around me in the next few months and unlimited data.
Where else can you get that?

Come on Root...don't be a fan... OP wouldn't have started the thread if Sprint works for them..at the risk of sounding like Eric, try another carrier...some of these GSM carriers are better for building penetration.

rootlinux 10-27-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2188023)
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; Radar 4G))

Come on Root...don't be a fan... OP wouldn't have started the thread if Sprint works for them..at the risk of sounding like Eric, try another carrier...some of these GSM carriers are better for building penetration.

I am not a fan my friend.
Simply stating Sprint is rolling out LTE and services are ok here.
Also Sprint has the most understanding when it comes to rooted devices.
My reply was more to fixxer than op.