PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
For those that are looking to move on, good deal on photon q

I found this awesome deal on the photon q for those that are interested in a newer phone with a keyboard.

rewardzonemobile.com

It is owned by Best Buy. Has the photon q for $100. Then they have $100 worth of rewards points.

Which makes the phone virtually free.

I am still thinking to get it or not, in comparison to the epic the pros are:

1 ) Qualcomm S4 dual core processor (same as galaxy s3)
2 ) 1gb ram
3 ) 1750mah battery
4 ) qHD resolution (though not 720p)
5 ) some people say better signal strength
6 ) LTE if your city has it
7 ) 4.3" screen
8 ) 8mp pictures & 1080p video recording (though camera isn't as good as gs3)

negatives are:
1 ) battery is not removable
2 ) no AMOLED
3 ) development is not there yet and most likely will never be as big as the epic was :/
4 ) No wimax if your city has that but no LTE

other notes:
1 ) Bootloader is un-lockable via HTC style registration.

-----

Personally I am considering it simply because I don't think we will ever see a top end keyboard phone like the epic again

-----

(I will keep this in the epic section for 2 days then move it out elsewhere)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those that are looking to move on, good deal on photon q

damn... and I take your word in very good faith.. sucks... yeah.. so... not a good phone... I think I'm going to get the GS3 depending on what apple releases tomorrow. Now the only thought it what to do about service. Sprint has sucked so much (just check https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%40...sucks&src=typd), but they are upgrading their network. I turned on 4G LTE on my iPad through verizon and I have literally never been without service except going around one bend on the coast.
Then again, I'm using about 170MB a day on just my iPad... idk...
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
damn... and I take your word in very good faith.. sucks... yeah.. so... not a good phone... I think I'm going to get the GS3 depending on what apple releases tomorrow. Now the only thought it what to do about service. Sprint has sucked so much (just check https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%40...sucks&src=typd), but they are upgrading their network. I turned on 4G LTE on my iPad through verizon and I have literally never been without service except going around one bend on the coast.
Then again, I'm using about 170MB a day on just my iPad... idk...
I have a verizon line as well but I use it only for powering my laptops internet. I don't even touch the phone itself. I can't live without a keyboard phone ...so I havemy keyboard phones on sprint and the none keyboard phone on verizon cause again I don't use it.

Reason I am considering an upgrade from the Epic is my city is going to get Sprint LTE by end of the year. And I got 5 unused sprint lines to upgrade...I wish the GS3 was an option for me but without a keyboard :/

WHERE IS OUR EPIC 3 SPRINT?!??! lol
Old 09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp

ericcire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I upgraded from the TP2 to the Photon Q. I am happy with the upgrade (not the extra montly fee, moved from my $30 SERO plan). Would like to see more development though.

Phone is SNAPPY. Keyboard is great!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

oh trust me, I need a qwerty phone too. I think I'm going to do what I did with my ipad and just get a bluetooth kb case. I actually never use that on the ipad since I'm never at a place that I can't look at what I'm typing.
I'm watching the apple conference right now on engaget.

I'm thinking about going to sprint and seeing if I can test drive the GS3 for 15 days or whatever and see if my service is better. If it is not, return the phone and go back to my epic. If I fall in love with the phone, see how I can get it on verizon.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: abcde54398
Carrier: klmno02755

cyertrzms is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Women's Wi

2013 is bound to be an extraordinary year, when hundreds of colorful fall brand in the nation, irrespective of the area to expand the amount of markets and business share exactly the same time, also saw a whole lot of brands in this separatist war in peoples eyes gradually disappear, The brand has not fallen for the merchant sounded the alarm, and believe it or not continue to invest in new brands for the additional frenzied industry expansion, some brand franchisee survival rate soon after a single year is less than 30% right after the organization will carry out a new brand a screening, the brand itself may also face the risks of market instability, as the saying is life is death, death Fang Fang Sheng, most brands inside the investment to concentrate only on the variety of shop, devoid of regard to franchisees operating capacity, market and other elements of space constraints, resulting within a loss of franchisees, brand terminal retailers atrophy situation. As a brand corporation, from their very own short-term interests into consideration franchisees personal situations, exclude some inappropriate franchisees, franchisees and collection of appropriate co-development, which is tremendously fundamental and tough decision, considering that it implies Prefer to join the brand with a great deal of businesses say "no", Beini Rabbit brand has to perform is to increase the high quality on the brand, from brand to join people that get long-term and steady development on the middle, instead of blindly let any a single person to enter the brand given that there is certainly no limit threshold will result in vicious competitors and as a result a loss, Beini rabbits want is determined to produce the brand, possess the capacity along with the strength with the operators, so as to go further together with the enterprise, to join those who definitely advantage from it. Beini rabbit as a presence inside the market for 14 years, the brand, still survive amongst shoppers and has a fine reputation, with more than just a dream of passion,Women's Windbreaker Jackets, it is a great design creativity, accurate market positioning, high-quality reputable products and higher top quality solutions, by virtue of perseverance, pragmatism come these days, using a lot of hype brand concentrate is distinct, and not want to go as well fast Beini rabbit, but desire to go much more steady. A brand of market place segments within an location there's consistently a distinct customer groups, consumer credit from this group in reality exists biggest marketplace with regards to credit, as opposed to plenty of well-known brands in terms of a handful of streets inside a county that simultaneously brand franchise maybe at present is the most profitable behavior, but there shall be some destined to join the competition in the identical brand pave the way for the peer, Beini rabbit model to join a regional agency in the very same location only makes it possible for exclusive agent, thereby safeguarding the area market place, to ensure franchisees have enough market share of earnings. Author

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G