PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   how do i backup txts to a computer, so i can print them? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149731)

mattatat 04-08-2012 10:04 PM

how do i backup txts to a computer, so i can print them?

so im looking for a way to back up txts from my epic to a computer, so that i can print them.... anyone know an app for that?

Jcfunk 04-08-2012 10:11 PM

If on android you can use Sms backup +
This let's you upload your text to gmail account, you can print from gmail account.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

mattatat 04-08-2012 10:22 PM

Re: how do i backup txts to a computer, so i can print them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcfunk (Post 2175101)
This let's you upload your text to gmail account, you can print from gmail account.

thanks, trying it now...

mattatat 04-09-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcfunk (Post 2175101)

thanks, trying it now...

gTen 04-09-2012 01:54 AM

Another option is using SMS Backup & Restore, it allows you to view them without uploading them anywhere:

How to view or edit the SMS and Call Logs backup files on a computer - Android Stuff

gTen 04-09-2012 01:54 AM

Another option is using SMS Backup & Restore, it allows you to view them without uploading them anywhere:

How to view or edit the SMS and Call Logs backup files on a computer - Android Stuff

revaaron 04-09-2012 11:04 AM

Sms Backup+ is awesome for syncing SMS and MMS to gmail.
I won't get an iPhone cause they don't have that ability (plus no qwerty).

Sms Backup & Restore is also awesome cause you can see the sms in XMl and parse things out. Just watch out for ",', and their encoded values.

mattatat 04-09-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 2175138)
Sms Backup+ is awesome for syncing SMS and MMS to gmail.
I won't get an iPhone cause they don't have that ability (plus no qwerty).

Sms Backup & Restore is also awesome cause you can see the sms in XMl and parse things out. Just watch out for ",', and their encoded values.

yea, i tried sms backup+, and its worked good so far... altho when you have a person that youve txtd alot, it breaks convos into 100 message pieces... kinda weird but whatever lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2175114)

yea, i really want it to be as clean as can be without having to spend alot of time cleaning it up... im printing out txts for court, and when youve got 1200+ txts to print... lol

revaaron 04-10-2012 10:17 AM

google splits convos at 100. it does an odd job with mms too... sometimes they are split into other convos. I would use thunderbird with filters.

1200 txt? I lost count a year ago at 40K. I do like 2K a month or more.

gTen 04-10-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattatat (Post 2175150)
yea, i really want it to be as clean as can be without having to spend alot of time cleaning it up... im printing out txts for court, and when youve got 1200+ txts to print... lol

If you use the web browser view all the funny characters should automatically convert to their actual representation since they are HTML conjugation.

And I agree with rev, only 1200+? lol