PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Wiped SD Card on Reboot

So I have a fun problem. I rebooted my phone because my clock screwed up, turned it back on and all of my files were erased, including programs, music and all of my pictures. All of the folders were still there on the root, but it deleted everything, including my Titanium Backup backups, which is just great.

Does anyone know what caused this? Does anyone know a free program where I can access the deleted files and try to salvage my pictures? I'm really upset, and pretty furious. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Phone Wiped SD Card on Reboot

Glary Undelete
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download
Free Pandora File Recovery - Find and recover deleted files of any type.
Free Data Recovery Software to free recover deleted files and recover formatted or corrupt hard drives - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

dont have a epic so cant till you whats the cause or if these is a known issue

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 03-23-2012 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks, tried two of those, found everything BUT the pictures. Ridiculous. Appreciate the help though...super pissed about this.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Thanks, tried two of those, found everything BUT the pictures. Ridiculous. Appreciate the help though...super pissed about this.
i would try them all
Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If you want a good one for pictures look for "convar smart recovery"

And no matter what do not write to the sd card.

Also can you clarify, did it stop seeing the card? oe jut the card turned blank? its the 16gb samsung card right?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

It's a bummer. I don't have any suggestions for a fix but that used to happen to me fairly frequently on my Touch Pro. It has not happened on my Epic (knocking on wood).

What I've tried to do regularly is to copy my SD card to my PC's backup hard drive. I don't do it regularly enough (lol) but at least I'm always within a couple of months of full 32G SD recovery if I ever need it.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Pandora seems to have found all of them, so weird that 3 others couldn't lol. gTen, it's plugged in my computer right now but I believe I was using a class 4 Sandisk 16GB, if I'm wrong I'll correct it later. The phone could read the card, it just wiped out the contents of every folder. Killed my apps, Titanium backups, pictures, and music. Not sure what other casualties I suffered as well. All of the folders remained, just not what was in them.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:59 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Pandora seems to have found all of them, so weird that 3 others couldn't lol. gTen, it's plugged in my computer right now but I believe I was using a class 4 Sandisk 16GB, if I'm wrong I'll correct it later. The phone could read the card, it just wiped out the contents of every folder. Killed my apps, Titanium backups, pictures, and music. Not sure what other casualties I suffered as well. All of the folders remained, just not what was in them.
Where did you buy that sandisk card?

I know I had similar issues on my samsung 16gb card and my Droid Charge. But in my case it sometimes randomly just can't read the partition. I mean your case sounds like the index is getting corrupt though.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I want to say Amazon buy I can't recall. I've had it for a few months.

Correction...Newegg. Just found the invoice, got it in August of last year, didn't use it until December.

Another weird aspect is that it reset the name of the drive as well. So weird.

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot; 03-24-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung S2
Carrier: Airtel

Albert_Eines is a n00b

Memory card contains valuable images, audio and video files which may suddenly become unusable due to the corruption in the device. Memory card recovery is a useful mechanism that effectively retrieves all lost data from memory card device. You can opt for any one of the reliable memory card recovery tools which are easily available today in the internet.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G