PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question Question on PagePlus Data...

Hey there everyone,

It may seem strange to see 2 Bunny in the Android and Samsung section. A series of very unfortunate events has forced me to pick up a Samsung Epic here at the last second (you can learn more about that here) and I've decided to activate it on PagePlus instead of Sprint or Boost (which is what I had been planning to do with the Diamond anyway).

I found this really nice instruction guide on Google docs that basically walks you through step by step with everything you need to do in QPST and on the handheld to get everything going great. I've been up and running now for about a week and I have to say that everything is working about perfectly now except for one thing: EvDo data.

I tried lots of tweaks and settings in QPST, but nothing seems to be getting EvDo to work. I dialed ##DEBUG# and right now have it set up to force 1xRTT, and that works fine, but obviously only at 1x speeds. If I go back and switch to "hybrid" mode again, it just doesn't connect, and because Android is annoying and won't tell you what the heck it's doing, I don't know exactly where it's getting hung up at in the whole process. Back on Windows Mobile, I could just tap the taskbar and it would tell me if it was trying to connect, and if it failed, it would let me know.

Basically, I fell kind of "left out" by the device since it isn't telling me where it's getting "lost" at in the whole EvDo thing. Does anyone know why it isn't connecting, or of any way to find out what the device is at least trying to do?

Thanks.

- 2B
Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Question on PagePlus Data...

This is for boost mobile but I am guessing this is what you want:

Epic 4g to Boost Mobile (how to get the 3g working)- 2/4/11 UPDATE (MMS & VM WORKING) - xda-developers

oh and welcome to the dark side ..we have milk and cookies...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Why pageplus? There data plans suck. This phone with all the data it uses will eat up ur monthly amount quick.. well atleast the plans i seen they have available and i know this isnt the answer your looking for but i just had to ask

Old 11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post EVDO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
This is for boost mobile but I am guessing this is what you want:

Epic 4g to Boost Mobile (how to get the 3g working)- 2/4/11 UPDATE (MMS & VM WORKING) - xda-developers

oh and welcome to the dark side ..we have milk and cookies...
I did the same thing, except for PagePlus. I want to figure out why I can't use my EvDo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Why pageplus? There data plans suck. This phone with all the data it uses will eat up ur monthly amount quick.. well atleast the plans i seen they have available and i know this isnt the answer your looking for but i just had to ask
I'm on a medicore 100MB per month plan - if you know where I can do better for under $40 per month, please enlighten me.

- 2B
Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.106 Safari/535.2)

how many talk minutes do you need?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVDO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
I did the same thing, except for PagePlus. I want to figure out why I can't use my EvDo.
you followed the how to get 3g part of the guide?

and as maestus said, how many minutes you need?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:24 PM
VIP MVP

Re: EVDO Reply

Quote:

and as maestus said,
come on gten , Masetas... LOL
Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post DATA TROUBLES Reply

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.106 Safari/535.2)

how many talk minutes do you need?
Less than 50-100.

Quote:
you followed the how to get 3g part of the guide?
Yes, filling in the PagePlus data connection settings.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
come on gten , Masetas... LOL
hey this is like only the 2nd time >.>..3rd times a charm? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Less than 50-100.

Yes, filling in the PagePlus data connection settings.

- 2 Bunny
I would suggest the new T-Mobile plan (if T-Mobile is good in your area)

You get for $30 a month:

100 minutes
5gb data with 4G, (throttling after 5gb)
unlimited texts

as for your issue...hm..we have something called logcat which helps debug errors but not sure if it includes exactly what you need :/
Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Yea I'm with @gTen u should've went with one of those Tmo plans. U will also get HSPA and HSPA+ connectivity which is far faster than EvDO especially sprint's implementation.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G