PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post GEETEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
hey this is like only the 2nd time >.>..3rd times a charm? lol

I would suggest the new T-Mobile plan (if T-Mobile is good in your area)

You get for $30 a month:

100 minutes
5gb data with 4G, (throttling after 5gb)
unlimited texts

as for your issue...hm..we have something called logcat which helps debug errors but not sure if it includes exactly what you need :/
It's a good idea, but there is a formidable problem with that: My Epic is incompatible with the inferior GSM networks. Are there any deals like that on the stronger CDMA networks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yea I'm with @gTen u should've went with one of those Tmo plans. U will also get HSPA and HSPA+ connectivity which is far faster than EvDO especially sprint's implementation.
And that's totally exciting, but I'd still like to stick with the more formidable modern CDMA networks available to us today.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Question on PagePlus Data...

If CDMA was more formidable and less inferior I wouldn't be in the process of switching to Tmo due to shit data speeds for 9 months. Also Sprint CDMA phones seem to have more trouble regaining a lost 3G signal while transmitting data. (this is very annoying for me when I'm streaming a song during my commute and the train passes through a non 3G area. I have to pause or even restart whatever song I was listening to just to regain 3G.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post CDMA FOR THE WIN Reply

Quote:
If CDMA was more formidable and less inferior I wouldn't be in the process of switching to Tmo due to shit data speeds for 9 months. Also Sprint CDMA phones seem to have more trouble regaining a lost 3G signal while transmitting data. (this is very annoying for me when I'm streaming a song during my commute and the train passes through a non 3G area. I have to pause or even restart whatever song I was listening to just to regain 3G.
Back on Boost (Sprint CDMA only sans roaming), if I remember my Speed test results, I think I was hitting 480-720KBs Per second, which translates into a real life download speed equivalent of 50+ regular kilobytes per second - and it was plenty workable enough for me.

The problem is the lousy signal range of GSM devices and even Sprint's less than perfect CDMA network. I'd have been good if I could do at least some roaming on Verizon. Now the only place I don't have coverage is in the center of a building where the 850Mhz don't quite penetrate like the 1.9Ghz did.

My music library is local as opposed to streamed, so I've never had the problem that you were asking about, even in areas with no signal. And if memory serves me correctly, while listening to streaming radio, during those pesky tower transitions, it actually picked up and finished buffering where I left off, which I thought was simply amazing.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-11-2011, 08:54 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Why did you leave Boost? $50 unlimited everything, and it goes down $5 every 6 months. So you'd be paying $35/month after 18 months.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Re: CDMA FOR THE WIN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Back on Boost (Sprint CDMA only sans roaming), if I remember my Speed test results, I think I was hitting 480-720KBs Per second, which translates into a real life download speed equivalent of 50+ regular kilobytes per second - and it was plenty workable enough for me.

The problem is the lousy signal range of GSM devices and even Sprint's less than perfect CDMA network. I'd have been good if I could do at least some roaming on Verizon. Now the only place I don't have coverage is in the center of a building where the 850Mhz don't quite penetrate like the 1.9Ghz did.

My music library is local as opposed to streamed, so I've never had the problem that you were asking about, even in areas with no signal. And if memory serves me correctly, while listening to streaming radio, during those pesky tower transitions, it actually picked up and finished buffering where I left off, which I thought was simply amazing.

- 2 Bunny
@2 Bunny

I'm lucky if I even get 300kbps. With Tmobile I know I'll be getting between 1.2m and 25m
Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: GEETEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
It's a good idea, but there is a formidable problem with that: My Epic is incompatible with the inferior GSM networks. Are there any deals like that on the stronger CDMA networks?

And that's totally exciting, but I'd still like to stick with the more formidable modern CDMA networks available to us today.

- 2 Bunny
umm....have no clue what you are talking about...HSPA+ is the progression of WCDMA. Oh and LTE is a progression of GSM and HSPA.

If you mean lower spectrum, t-mobile does roam in the 850mhz and uses 1.9ghz themselves. 3g goes over 1700 MHz/2100 MHz.

And yeah Epic won't work on GSM..:/

There is the new republic wireless which costs 19$..there is also virgin mobile's 25$ plan...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post THIS IS GETTING OLD Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Why did you leave Boost? $50 unlimited everything, and it goes down $5 every 6 months. So you'd be paying $35/month after 18 months.
At the time, I couldn't afford that. Their PayAsYouGo was going great until they started charging even more for data, and on top of that they wanted to double the already ridiculous rates, so I said "screw that". I might've paid the fifty if there was some roaming on Verizon, but even Sprint's CDMA network fails in certain areas.

Quote:
@2 Bunny

I'm lucky if I even get 300kbps. With Tmobile I know I'll be getting between 1.2m and 25m
That's quite interesting actually. I somehow doubt though that my cable internet is slower than cellular though.

Quote:
umm....have no clue what you are talking about...HSPA+ is the progression of WCDMA. Oh and LTE is a progression of GSM and HSPA.
Right, that's GSM. The Samsung Epic is a CDMA device.

Quote:
There is the new republic wireless which costs 19$..there is also virgin mobile's 25$ plan...
Their "unlimited" doesn't include that much data, doesn't work with normal phones, and only works on the Sprint network, which runs me back into my original problem.

Virgin Mobile's $25 looks great, but I don't know how to do ESN cloning - that and everyone is so brainwashed into thinking it's "illegal" that you can't even ask about it on any of the larger online forums. I'd love to learn how, but nobody is willing to help even though nobody gives a crap.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned User

So what exactly do u want? I mean we are trying to help.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post GITTER DONE Reply

Quote:
So what exactly do u want? I mean we are trying to help.
I was hoping for a CDMA BYOD carrier that has either the Verizon network or Sprint with data roaming (1xRTT roaming is okay). I'm hoping for bare minimum 300-500MB+ (hoping for 1-2GB, or ideally, unlimited) and a couple hundred text messages and around 100 minutes of voice, all for well under $40 a month depending on what all it has in it.

Let me know what you figure out, Thanks.

- 2B
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned User

Well I had given an option like that but it's not CDMA.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G