PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Anyone moving to Touch 4g or Photon 4g?

I am torn with this upgrade- reason is the GPS on the EPIC is little
or no help at all. Drive me nuts. I can assume the newer phones are
better in this area. I know the basics about each phone- but not
how customizable these phone are. Any opinions and advice is
appreciated and welcomed

Thanks in advance!
----------Priceless ----------
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

When it was stock, gps seemed to lock pretty fast. With the lost kernel, the gps seems much slower.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone moving to Touch 4g or Photon 4g?

I am personally waiting on an LTE device mid 2012 :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I might pay full clip if and when LTE comes to my neck of the woods.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

As @demonlordoftheround stated GPS on my epic touch 4g locks super fast even when in the basement from my testing with a stock device. Loving it so far after making it resemble an HTC interface.
~Mike

Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Gps has always worked great on my Epic. Phone is Running fast on the leaked rooted GB Rom. The qwerty is nice when I need it. That said, when I find an Epic Touch for around $ 200 on craigslist, as I did my epic last November, I'll probably buy one.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Threadstarter

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

What modem are you using for the best GPS locking? Im using EH17 with GB build EG22. Is this the problem?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

I'm contractually married (not unhappily) to my Epic until
November (2012). By then amazing things should have come along.
BTW, this GPS fix works really well on GB roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1321049
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:45 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
What modem are you using for the best GPS locking? Im using EH17 with GB build EG22. Is this the problem?
Eh17? All in one flash with this rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242326

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
I am personally waiting on an LTE device mid 2012 :/
Try 2013.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G