PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

ecartmen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google to purchase motorola mobility... what does this mean...

Google is gonna buy motorola mobility (I thought. Rim but...) so does that mean some others like htc samsung and even apple are gonna feel slighted in some ways... will motoblur be the new premium android theme for mid/high end and high end phones? Will motoblur be killed? Will google at some point just intergreat moto into google?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Re: Google to purchase motorola mobility... what does this mean...

2nd that .... i was just gonna do the same
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Its still not too late too buy rim...

but so far htc and samsung are supporting the deal because it also means Google is going to be protecting them from lawsuits..Google is not integrating Motorola..they are keeping them as is..so all companies will get Android at the same time as they are all part of open handset alliance..

The only difference I can tell you in short term future is Motorola may be making more Nexus phones if not all. (not nexus prime)..otherwise partners like Samsung and LG have WP7 and their own platform and are eyeing meego...they are not going to just drop Android because Android is popular...and that is what they sell..so you I don't see any negative impact on any of the companies involved...except Apple and M$ who now are gonna have trouble intimidating android manufacturers..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Threadstarter

ecartmen is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its still not too late too buy rim...

but so far htc and samsung are supporting the deal because it also means Google is going to be protecting them from lawsuits..Google is not integrating Motorola..they are keeping them as is..so all companies will get Android at the same time as they are all part of open handset alliance..

The only difference I can tell you in short term future is Motorola may be making more Nexus phones if not all. (not nexus prime)..otherwise partners like Samsung and LG have WP7 and their own platform and are eyeing meego...they are not going to just drop Android because Android is popular...and that is what they sell..so you I don't see any negative impact on any of the companies involved...except Apple and M$ who now are gonna have trouble intimidating android manufacturers..
I think that google will have to intergrate them inorfer to save money. Companies who don't intergrate face tougher economic choices, ie they wast money. Look a how diamler benz and chrysler. They renamed the company to diamler chrysler but had little other intergration and thus added costs to develop products. Sharded componets were only some transaxels and a transmission from a previous e class for the new large chrysler sedans and dodge sedans. Look at sprint and nextel... sprint till has not switched over iden to cdma, wimax, or lte and now only talking about some intergration. Now sprint needs to merge boost mobile and virgin and other prepaids sprint owns into one named virgin or boost....

Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
I think that google will have to intergrate them inorfer to save money. Companies who don't intergrate face tougher economic choices, ie they wast money. Look a how diamler benz and chrysler. They renamed the company to diamler chrysler but had little other intergration and thus added costs to develop products. Sharded componets were only some transaxels and a transmission from a previous e class for the new large chrysler sedans and dodge sedans. Look at sprint and nextel... sprint till has not switched over iden to cdma, wimax, or lte and now only talking about some intergration. Now sprint needs to merge boost mobile and virgin and other prepaids sprint owns into one named virgin or boost....

But see there is a difference..you are talking about integration of competitors..not compliments..Motorola does not compete with Google..

Also Google does not care much about motorola as a company..if they cut even Google will be happy enough...they bought them for the patents and to get their hands wet in the game..as people were claiming how Google is abandoning their partners..now Google can be sued directly and defend their partners directly..

I don't remember Motorola's profit margins but Samsung reported ~20% profit margins..(rounding)..They make MUCH more money off adsense and the google services like the market...so Google cares more where there is more money...Making motrola have an advantage will result in overall LESS profit..

Google makes money off any phone that has access to the internet and Google services...the reason why they created Android was to give average people open access to the internet..because statistically speaking, if you use the internet you most likely use Google..people choosing Android over any other internet enabled phone is just an extra plus.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G