PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

ecartmen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR IS RIPPING OFF THE TOUCH WIZ INTERFACE FROM THE LEAKED SHOTS AT HERE...

SEE THE BOTTOM OF PICTURE 1 WITH THE APPS AND PHONE AND ALL ICONS.. SEE WHAT I MEAN,,,

now look at the last photo of touch wiz 3....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 115705_ics1.jpg (42.1 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 115705_ics4.jpg (28.4 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 115705_ics2.jpg (32.0 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 115705_ics3.jpg (24.6 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 4198-4c58143cb863b.jpg (51.7 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

It looks a lot like TouchWiz..but that is the new stock os...

1st button is applications as in stock 2.2
2nd button is phone icon as in stock 2.2
3rd button is web icon as in stock 2.2
4th button looks like the one introduced in honeycomb which allows you to view all open apps..either that or its some sort of organizer portal...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
It looks a lot like TouchWiz..but that is the new stock os...

1st button is applications as in stock 2.2
2nd button is phone icon as in stock 2.2
3rd button is web icon as in stock 2.2
4th button looks like the one introduced in honeycomb which allows you to view all open apps..either that or its some sort of organizer portal...
So after ripping off microsoft with the new market they rip off samsung

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
So after ripping off microsoft with the new market they rip off samsung

well its not like samsung was the first to put buttons on the bottom..so I wouldn't exactly say its ripping off...something like this is fairly basic...

Personally I could care less who rips who off..as long as at end of the day I get the best product..
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
well its not like samsung was the first to put buttons on the bottom..so I wouldn't exactly say its ripping off...something like this is fairly basic...

Personally I could care less who rips who off..as long as at end of the day I get the best product..
If u look at touchwiz and the bar that the icons on the bottom reside on then yes google is stealing once again... it seems as if android may not be around after all the lawsuites are done... samsun can't sell galaxy tab 10.1 in the eu...

Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
If u look at touchwiz and the bar that the icons on the bottom reside on then yes google is stealing once again... it seems as if android may not be around after all the lawsuites are done... samsun can't sell galaxy tab 10.1 in the eu...

Google just bought motorola and is going to license android..so now they can't sue the partners directly anymore without involving Google..
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

Quote:

aint that the truth
Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Google just bought motorola and is going to license android..so now they can't sue the partners directly anymore without involving Google..
so what benefits as a casual user do we look for good or bad .. as google bought out motorola ....

at lot is happening in the phone industry w software and hardware before this year is over, now ive only been forum user almost 2 years now this is like crazy activity to me ...
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I want google to make amdroid like I os. Only moto can make it and tighter intergration with motoblur.

Samsung can use bada to replace android.
Others can use windows phone 7.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I want google to make amdroid like I os. Only moto can make it and tighter intergration with motoblur.

Samsung can use bada to replace android.
Others can use windows phone 7.

Google making Android like iOS would be counter productive for us the consumers..and Bada is more of an iphone competitor rather then a Android competitor..

What I would like to see is more companies committing to MeeGo..don't get me wrong I like Android..but so far Android is the ONLY option for a "computer in your pocket" phone..MeeGo is similar to Android with it being open source and powerful like a pc...so just in case Android goes wrong somewhere like what happened to winmo..and best of all Android Apps can run on MeeGo...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G