PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

ecartmen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint announced epic 4g are crap and places them on enf of life status...

Sprint has announced our beloved epic will get the death penalty in october. I guess our phone is a piece of crap now. The bad thing is I don't want a phone that is labeled end of life as the stigma associated with it means I will be a laughing stock in the creed department. My upgrade is in november... anyone wantto trade their evo 3d for my epic 4g

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint announced epic 4g are crap and places them on enf of life status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
Sprint has announced our beloved epic will get the death penalty in october. I guess our phone is a piece of crap now. The bad thing is I don't want a phone that is labeled end of life as the stigma associated with it means I will be a laughing stock in the creed department. My upgrade is in november... anyone wantto trade their evo 3d for my epic 4g

um..if it gets the job done..why is it a piece of crap?

I have yet to see anyone laughing at anyone for the phone they use..

Realistically speaking the specs is same as the Nexus S..so as long as the Nexus S lives..so will the Epic...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

sprint exchanged my brothers epic for the nexus.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Palndrm12 is just getting started
You've never laughed at an iphone user??? I make sure I laugh at at least one every day. And if you can't see the humor check this out.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...yD-0pqZg&gl=US

But I wouldn't laugh at an Epic for the record.

Sent from my Evo 3D using PPCGeeks for Android

Last edited by Palndrm12; 07-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

notinkeys is a n00b

All phones eventually are discontinued. Spring didn't say they were crap. They simply are at end of life.

Drama much?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

anybody that thinks this phone is crap is 90% a user who dont know squat what there doing and 10% dont know what there doing. wheres the proof of this statement op, link please?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ecartmen is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinkeys View Post
All phones eventually are discontinued. Spring didn't say they were crap. They simply are at end of life.

Drama much?
Well let's face it the specs on the epic 4g was fine for high end a year ago. Today is another story. To be high end it has to have duel core, 4gigs of ram (onboard storage and sd is a plus) qhd display, and the latest overlay. Even the rumored epic 2 is only single core and the sg2 are duel cores. Notice the laked epic 2 pics did not say galaxy s 2 on it... so now the epic 4g and epic 2 are higher end mid range phones. Yes in its day the epic 4g was great but even duel cores by end of th year will be crap as qud cores will be out. I also hate to have anything other then a flagship phone.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

The Root is a n00b
All end of life means us that they aren't producing then anymore. The only people it affects are those who will need to get them replaced in the future. It doesn't even have bearing in how long they will be supported.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Even after end of life there will be plenty of refurbs available plus the phone will still be supported for a while. With 1ghz processor there are still updates that the phone will receive. By the time they stop supporting it most people will be eligible for upgrade or they can just continue using them like the people with the tp2. Plus if its rooted there's alot more things you can do to keep phone like new. It's not the end of the world. This happens all the time with phones. It's nothing new.

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

sprint exchanged my brothers epic for the nexus.
I was at the Sprint store having my EVO serviced and it was replaced with a Nexus (Score)! While I was there a woman had her Epic replaced with an E3D due to issues she was having.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G