PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drnick5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic 4G.. Broken Screen, help!

Hey guys,

My girlfriend dropped her epic 4G and cracked the screen (the irony is that she picked up the phone and the case popped off, causing the phone to drop in the first place... gotta love buying a $30 case!)

anyway, she has no insurance.. and im at a loss of what to do, for now I have her using a backup non smartphone and shes driving me nuts (keeps trying to steal my EVO to play words with friends)

I saw an older thread about this topic, and people posted saying sprint will fix this for $35 bucks (parts included) even if you don't have insurance. I called several sprint places (authorized ones, "not" authorized ones, all of them said they would need to order the screen, and cost would be $35 plus the parts.
so im thinking they changed their policy....

Any bright ideas on what I can do? or.. anyone wanna make an offer on a slightly used epic with a broken screen

thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Epic 4G.. Broken Screen, help!

Samsung Sprint Epic 4G Cracked Screen | Broken Screen Epic 4G Fix | Clean Planet Repair
169$ here. lol
i can ask my sprint guy that owns a store what he can do for ya and maybe he has a option another store can do for you. pm me sat. so i remember to ask him please.

dont try to sell it in this thread though, thats not allowed and when/if you wanna sell it we have a forum for that.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

drnick5 is just getting started

thanks for the reply that would be great if you could ask your buddy... I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Wasn't really trying to sell through this thread..... was sort of tongue and cheek.

if anyone else has any thoughts I'd appreciate it
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

balagyi is keeping up the good workbalagyi is keeping up the good work

if you have the epic not for long. you may be able to buy insurance even though you are over 30days period. i had done that before.

or else. try this site (edit: i don't own this site):
Samsung Epic 4G LCD and Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

and this video will help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeO89VGAPuU

all the best to you

Last edited by balagyi; 07-11-2011 at 10:50 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G