PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BATTERY ON ROMS

ACS SYNDICATE FROZEN

BONSAI

RANDOM ROM

MIDNIGHT

OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO THROW 1 IN be my guest ... which of these 4 have you tried has the longest battery as usage go ... cause as for idle phones i think they all pretty much do the same ... i had midnight b4 i got my NEW EPIC n i would go to sleep ( 7hr night ) n wake to see it only deminish by a few % if not just by 1%....

BUT AS FOR USAGE and during the day time ..calls maybe a game or 2 .. to past time . obviously every1 by now is either twittering or FB'ing something .. how does it BATTERY LAST 24hr period ?????..... i ask cause you see atleast for the those they claim battery has been improved more n better than anything ................. THANX GUYS
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ?
Carrier: Sprint

hakudoshi is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: BATTERY ON ROMS

I had been using AA i3 rom, 1st with the EF02 modem (lots of crashes), then EC05 and my battery life was always horrible. No more than 9-10 hours on a good day.

Last night I just flashed to Random Rom 2.2.1 Plus and my battery only drained 23% in 11hours. I can't really do a full test until I am home for the day tomorrow because I know my phone signal has always had issues at work and am pretty sure thats why it drains so much when I am here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakudoshi View Post
I had been using AA i3 rom, 1st with the EF02 modem (lots of crashes), then EC05 and my battery life was always horrible. No more than 9-10 hours on a good day.

Last night I just flashed to Random Rom 2.2.1 Plus and my battery only drained 23% in 11hours. I can't really do a full test until I am home for the day tomorrow because I know my phone signal has always had issues at work and am pretty sure thats why it drains so much when I am here.

cool co0l be looking forward to your assessment .... 23% in 11 hrs of usage thats good
Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

balagyi is keeping up the good workbalagyi is keeping up the good work

i am using samsprint gingerbread rom with ee03 modem.
fully charge, left over night (for 7 hours ++). like 85% still left on battery.
i think that rom is pretty stable and fast too.

plus that rom works on gtalk+video, fm radio and netflix video playback on phone
Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Am running Syndicate Frozen (EC05). Battery life is fantastic (coupled with Juice Defender). I can easily go 24 hours on a single charge...that includes probably about 100 texts, emails, and surfing the web. I usually don't overclock as the ROM is fast enough for my purposes.

late,
Coz
Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Am running Syndicate Frozen (EC05). Battery life is fantastic (coupled with Juice Defender). I can easily go 24 hours on a single charge...that includes probably about 100 texts, emails, and surfing the web. I usually don't overclock as the ROM is fast enough for my purposes.

late,
Coz
I would have to agree with you on this. Whenever I'm not working on something for EF02, I'm on srf 1.2 coupled with the Genocide kernel. I don't overclock but do undervolt with voltage control and easily have over half the battery left at the end of each day.

OP, you might want to add kernels as a part of what you're looking for since the kernel has about as much to do with battery life if not more that the rom does.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I would have to agree with you on this. Whenever I'm not working on something for EF02, I'm on srf 1.2 coupled with the Genocide kernel. I don't overclock but do undervolt with voltage control and easily have over half the battery left at the end of each day.

OP, you might want to add kernels as a part of what you're looking for since the kernel has about as much to do with battery life if not more that the rom does.
Good point Shane about undervolt.

late,
Coz
Old 07-08-2011, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post

that sounds good .. ....

i tried SYNDICATE ROM b4 and didnt like what i got ... it was then i went to BONSAI n MIDNIGHT .. MIDNIGHT CAUGHT MY EYE ... and was great with battery life to, so after i got a new EPIC i decided to go back to SYNDICATE ROM frozen 1.2 genocide kernel 1.1 ... and i can say no issues right now ... and battery life is doing good ... way better than stock .... THANX GUYS FOR ALL UR INPUT ... hopefully we add more BATTERY talk to this cause every1 claims great BATTERY

but who actually
ROCKS THE BEST BATTERY USAGE LIFE
.... i really want to know how the RANDOM ROM BATT compares to SYNDICATE....

again thanx for your input

Last edited by djgallis; 07-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

this is totally depends on user and i think a "poll" type thread like this is useless. its ok to get opinions but even thats useless really cause almost all EC base roms are very close. too many factors hurt/help batterylife and lots of people dont even calibrate there battery correct let alone after they flash. use what works for you just like what modem/kernel works for you and your area.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
this is totally depends on user and i think a "poll" type thread like this is useless. its ok to get opinions but even thats useless really cause almost all EC base roms are very close. too many factors hurt/help batterylife and lots of people dont even calibrate there battery correct let alone after they flash. use what works for you just like what modem/kernel works for you and your area.

of course your right .. thats an argument you can say for many things ... like the JORDAN greatesT player .. which i think he is because ive seen his work ... but then other ssay BILL RUSSELL cause they seen his other say WILT ... etc etc on many subjects

I just want to keep a sort of broad aspect on which ( as developers ) you think leads the batt race or in better words who should stop the false advertisement and saying I GOT THE BEST BATTERY LIFE OUT ..lol .... something like that ... BUT YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT D.

thanx for your input ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G