PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sher1021 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
epic to boost

Has anyone tried to flash a samsung epic to boost and if so does it still work?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Re: epic to boost

This has been covered many times already but to answer your question the answer is yes many have but that's all your going to get from here as the mods will most likely close/delete this thread if any info on is posted

The process to do it is Illegal
Old 07-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

sher1021 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just google your question op, its all there.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
This has been covered many times already but to answer your question the answer is yes many have but that's all your going to get from here as the mods will most likely close/delete this thread if any info on is posted

The process to do it is Illegal
That's absolutely not true.

If ANYONE wants to post a guide to flashing any cdma device to any other carrier feel free to do so.

The only thing we will close is changing the ESN, and this is not required to do what you're asking for, you just need to flash the correct PRL and change some settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
(1)That's absolutely not true.

(2)If ANYONE wants to post a guide to flashing any cdma device to any other carrier feel free to do so.

(3)you just need to flash the correct PRL and change some settings.
I actually asked this question myself before way back when this phone had just come out all i got was alot of "its Illegal" "cannot be done legally" Crap although many were already doing it just not telling.

He asked can the Samsung Epic which is a SPRINT phone be connected to Boost? the answer is YES but not by calling boost and asking them to connect it its done by other means.

(1) Whats not true
(2) then why did gten delete the guide made by leviusque (might have a typo there) on how to get this phone on boost
(3) Dont believe that

Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
It's totally legal because it can be done without changing the ESN. the ESN changing is why the tutorial got deleted. The guy admitted in the thread that it was illegal.

I just flashed a Dinc to cricket without touching the ESN.

If you got any flack from staff about any flashing without ESN nodding then my apologies.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using PPCGeeks
Old 07-05-2011, 08:06 PM
VIP MVP

flashing to cricket or metro-pcs doesnt require you to touch the esn
but the op wants to know if it can be "flashed" to boost mobile

so then what your saying is that you can put the Sprint EPIC on BOOST just by changing the prl and some settings?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Afaik yes. If I am mistaken then let me know, ill get some mustard to put on my words.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using PPCGeeks
Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The guide was deleted because it was under review..it got a lot of complaints of it being ESN cloning so I took it down until the poster responded to me to confirm the content...the poster never responded back to me.

Flashing the phone is ok, esn cloning is not...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G