PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

balagyi is keeping up the good workbalagyi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tower or airave (weird)

Hi All,
my phone has been connecting to the tower from tower right our street corner. The reason I say tower is that I can see that building has lots of cell towers on the roof.
and recently my phone is showing it's connected to apartment next door.
I assume it's not tower and it must be Airave.
is there a way to tell I am connecting to Airave or Tower? and how can i tell phone to connect to Tower? this is because eversince I connected to next door, my 3g speed become really bad.

my phone spec:
ReRFS Format Stock ROM EC05 with bonsai master key
modem: EC05
software i use to check: Open Signal Maps

as always... thanks in advance

Last edited by balagyi; 06-26-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: tower or airave (weird)

I think if you block the airave you wont be able to make calls anymore :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

oh...
and btw airave is using internet connection, right?
if it is, that person might have really internet connection.
too bad...

thankssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I think if you block the airave you wont be able to make calls anymore :/
Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post
Hi All,
my phone has been connecting to the tower from tower right our street corner. The reason I say tower is that I can see that building has lots of cell towers on the roof.
and recently my phone is showing it's connected to apartment next door.
I assume it's not tower and it must be Airave.
is there a way to tell I am connecting to Airave or Tower? and how can i tell phone to connect to Tower? this is because eversince I connected to next door, my 3g speed become really bad.

my phone spec:
ReRFS Format Stock ROM EC05 with bonsai master key
modem: EC05
software i use to check: Open Signal Maps

as always... thanks in advance
If you are connected to an Airave and make a call, you should hear 3 fast beeps before the call connects. Unfortunately I don't know how to block you from using it, other then telling your neighbor (if you know who has it) to setup the feature of only use these numbers option under manage your Airave which is on Sprint.com. On mine I can plug in my 2 numbers and disallow all others.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
If you are connected to an Airave and make a call, you should hear 3 fast beeps before the call connects. Unfortunately I don't know how to block you from using it, other then telling your neighbor (if you know who has it) to setup the feature of only use these numbers option under manage your Airave which is on Sprint.com. On mine I can plug in my 2 numbers and disallow all others.
Thanks for the tips. I'll try and see.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You really should let your neighbor know what is going on. If your phone connects to his Airave, every time you make a call you are using HIS minutes, not yours. So that means that all the Sprints user in range of his Airave are using up his minutes too.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

I've never had any minutes hit my airave from my phone or any other phone.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you restrict your Airave to just your phone number(s) then no one else can access it. But if you leave it unsecured anyone can access it and if they do they will be using your minutes. When you look at your bill minutes are not broken down in any way that would show that you accessed the Airave or not. But if you wanted to test it out, it would be easy. Just don't use your cell phone within range of your Airave for one day. Then at then end of the day check your usage online and if there are phone calls showing up then someone else is accessing it and burning up your minutes. Its just like a wireless router. If you don't secure it your neighbors can use it.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

How do you secure it?

Edit: They might have done something with mine since I got it for free by complaining to Sprint.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 AM
nous défions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
How do you secure it?
Log in to your Sprint account online. Under the list of devices go to your Airrave. On the right side is a drop down menu - select "Change my services".
It will probably tell you that you can't do that and there should be a button that says "Chat Now". Then just tell the Sprint rep that you want to limit Airave access to just the numbers on your account.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G