PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
This is my first samsung device and Im just curious is Samsung always this slow on pushing out updates for older models...

I think my next phone will have to be a google product just because it seems other mnfr's just dont give a dam...

This is not to say that Im not in love with my phone its just it appears that they dont care on updating there equipment.

All I can say is thanks to the devs!
imo its not gonna happen with sg2 and epic got killed off so i dont think sammy cared about us which is BS but i dont think it will happen again by sammy.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Samsung should have cared about us because this phone and the rest of the sgs line is what imo brought samsung up in the mobil industry.

It will most likely happen with the sgs2 as well they will push out one upgrade on time but from there on who knows, they will put more attention to prime and whatever new project they are working on
Old 09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't think Samsung is fully in the USA market yet for some reason...similar to how HTC wasn't..I think the big hurdle is all the customization the USA carriers are asking for.

The SGS2 is closer to the original design so it might have more advantages in terms of updates from both samsung and devs.

But how I wish carriers would stay out of updates and let manufacturers handle it :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

@gTen or @darren how do i push an apk to system/app using either
adao file manager , es file explore, my files since i never had to do it before never paid attention i guess i should have

been trying all day and searching for answer but no success at it. TIA

Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
adao file manager , es file explore, my files since i never had to do it before never paid attention i guess i should have

There is an option in the settings of es filemanager that says root access but I never tried it since the warning sounds weird..I use Super File Manager for remounting system for read\write
Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

I don't use either so I'm out.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

How about root explorer app will that work and if so does anyone got a copy of the apk
Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 AM
acs tester

Quote:
How about root explorer app will that work and if so does anyone got a copy of the apk
dont you like adb?

Last edited by gTen; 09-02-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

you can do it manually via android terminal/adb or automatically as I said super file manager is fairly simple...file expert can also do it easily...

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

as for root explorer...isn't that paid software?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is an option in the settings of es filemanager that says root access but I never tried it since the warning sounds weird..I use Super File Manager for remounting system for read\write
I recently just did this using the root access permission on Es File manager and it worked fine...

Wanted to install the Sgs2 widgets and had to use this method.

Worked like a charm.

Didn't want to pay for the 4 dollars Root explorer wants.

As far as Samsung goes eventhough I love the phone I will never buy from them again due to there lack of care for there Mobile owners..

Looks like im going to buy a dedicated google phone like the nexus line... Im not to hung up on having the latest gadgets so Im keeping my phone until it is spitting bolts when I open it. haha

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 09-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G