PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 06:23 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: official GB when?

Russian.. What?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: Thieves

Russiankungfu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Russian.. What?
So so so sorry! In russia, spellin ows yu!

Sent from moter russia

Last edited by Russiankungfu; 06-26-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Ok I guess
Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

To clarify - the EF02 leak (the latest from the samfirmware folks) is a test build that triggers an OTA modem update to the EF10 modem. The EF02 modem has some serious flaws that can cause serious problems.

So, if you install a ROM that is based on EF02, you *should* get an OTA notification to update the modem. If not, make sure that the first thing you do is Odin a different modem.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

And also, as darren.wlsn1 has pointed out elsewhere, after you get that OTA notification to update to the EF10 modem and you do it, you will then get another notification to update again to EF02. A really bad idea lol. Even worse, if you are not paying attention or you ignore the update notification, it will do it AUTOMATICALLY. Which is happened to me on two occasions. Both times, locking my phone in airplane mode.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
And also, as darren.wlsn1 has pointed out elsewhere, after you get that OTA notification to update to the EF10 modem and you do it, you will then get another notification to update again to EF02. A really bad idea lol. Even worse, if you are not paying attention or you ignore the update notification, it will do it AUTOMATICALLY. Which is happened to me on two occasions. Both times, locking my phone in airplane mode.
Lol, that must be why I got stuck in airplane mode multiple of times!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ?

hakudoshi is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhill2112 View Post
To clarify - the EF02 leak (the latest from the samfirmware folks) is a test build that triggers an OTA modem update to the EF10 modem. The EF02 modem has some serious flaws that can cause serious problems.

So, if you install a ROM that is based on EF02, you *should* get an OTA notification to update the modem. If not, make sure that the first thing you do is Odin a different modem.
Can you clarify more? I did the initial update to the samsprint leak with ef02, i then did an ota to the ef10 modem and then it reset my phone and upon reboot I had no service. Then I had a huge issue trying to odin the phone back to ef02, it bricked my phone basically and I had to odin back to ec05 and wipe the phone and reflash the gb leak again then odin to ef02 again... I am skeptical of trying the ota up to ef10. I am running marcusants i3 rom now and would love to do the ef10 upgrade it i dont completely lose service again.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I tried to update the modem manually. It downloaded the update but when it tried to install it I got a message that the installation was aborted due to some sort of error.

Also, as far as the airplane mode thing goes, all you have to do is pull the battery and wait about 30-45 seconds before you put it back and reboot. This will fix the problem (Its happened to me twice already).
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

The latest from xda: ecooce

"I forgot to get back to you, sorry, but this is what I've heard, "They are trying to iron out the problems in the modem, this is the big delay, but its not the only thing being finished." This tells me everything but the modem was ready, and all else is being finalized while they get the modem 100%."

"Also look for a .rdf soon, "Look for 25-30, the next couple days,this should be final" , I remeber this person saying 25th-30th was a possible finish date... My fingers are crossed."

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakudoshi View Post
Can you clarify more? I did the initial update to the samsprint leak with ef02, i then did an ota to the ef10 modem and then it reset my phone and upon reboot I had no service. Then I had a huge issue trying to odin the phone back to ef02, it bricked my phone basically and I had to odin back to ec05 and wipe the phone and reflash the gb leak again then odin to ef02 again... I am skeptical of trying the ota up to ef10. I am running marcusants i3 rom now and would love to do the ef10 upgrade it i dont completely lose service again.
The OTA update worked fine for me using marcusants i1 ROM - I'm on i3 now (had to do a factory reset after installing). However, if I were you I'd just Odin the EC05 or EE03 modem.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G