PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

bbaker901 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slow flash video and audio playback on websites on epic

I've searched around the web and the forums and I haven't seen any solutions to this. I just recently got an epic last week and I'm loving it. My main challenge right now is flash player on certain websites (gametrailers, gamespot, and cnet for example) have audio and video issues. It seems it's choppy and the audio is EXTREMLY slow to the point it's unwatchable. Anyone found a solution for this? I'm currently running just stock android. Still reading up on rooting and flashing roms before taking that step. Your input is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Slow flash video and audio playback on websites on epic

I went to game trailers site..the video seems ok and the in game audio seems ok..but the narration audio is slow..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

bbaker901 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That's right. I got really slow audio. The video plays for a little bit but then stops. I just thought that with flash 10.3 it would be smoother than it is. I play you tube videos with no problem. Could you try gamespot? Or even adultswim.com. All choppy play back on my end.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaker901 View Post
That's right. I got really slow audio. The video plays for a little bit but then stops. I just thought that with flash 10.3 it would be smoother than it is. I play you tube videos with no problem. Could you try gamespot? Or even adultswim.com. All choppy play back on my end.
Well the video slowness has to do with the buffering settings...I noticed that when I played the entire trailer slowely then re-winded to the beginning it played the whole video fine minus the voice audio...

It may have something to do with how flash handles multi-stream audio.. :/..another possibility is the sites are using an audio codec thats not built in so it causes it to do software decode in a weird way..

As for testing out more sites..my connection where I am is like 1-3 bars..so its kinda hard to do a test :/
Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

root flash a custom rom

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic 4g, flash, playback, slow, video