PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   A few questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143715)

elesbb 05-17-2011 11:04 AM

A few questions

Alright im a beloved TP2 user , but the time has come . Cant decide on the epic or on the evo shift 4g .

Would love if you guys post both pro's and cons about the epic . what do you like about it , what could be its improvements and also any personal opinions .

My questions are:
1 Can i change the PRL on the epic manually like throught EPST as i did on the TP2 ?
2 Can the epic run the same android version that the Evo shift is running ? or any other android version for that matter ?
3 is adobe flash supported for the broswer ? and can i upgrade it as new adobe flash updates are made ?

Thanks in advance guys !

gTen 05-17-2011 11:22 AM

Re: A few questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2102258)
Alright im a beloved TP2 user , but the time has come . Cant decide on the epic or on the evo shift 4g .

Would love if you guys post both pro's and cons about the epic . what do you like about it , what could be its improvements and also any personal opinions .

Well I came from a TP2..while the kb is a bit different once I got used to it its been much better..there are a few issues but most have been fixed with custom roms...The screen is awesome, the GPU is the best (on par with dual core phones), and the CPU is the fastest for single core..I also like the built in divx, xvid and mkv support for watching movies.

The thing you prob should understand is the screen..the screen works like this:

1x=red
2x=green
3x=blue
6x=white
0x=black

where x is energy consumption....so whites drain a lot of energy while blacks drain 0 energy..

Quote:

My questions are:
1 Can i change the PRL on the epic manually like throught EPST as i did on the TP2 ?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...y-epic-4g.html

Quote:

2 Can the epic run the same android version that the Evo shift is running ? or any other android version for that matter ?
Evo shift is running 2.2 by default, we are running 2.2.1..both should get 2.3 update soon..we got a 2.3 leak right now..not sure about the shift..

Quote:

3 is adobe flash supported for the broswer ? and can i upgrade it as new adobe flash updates are made ?
yes..as long as that flash player is compatible with the Android version..at the moment we have the latest flash 10 support yes.

elesbb 05-17-2011 12:50 PM

love you gTen ! you seem to be all over this site ! great contributions !! keep it up !

darren.wlsn1 05-17-2011 02:28 PM

op i moved your other thread to "phone comparison" where this should be.

btw i had shift and epic at same time and epic kills shift in lots of ways.

jaronow 05-24-2011 05:41 PM

I came from a tp2 and a tp before that and have to say its all about the epic, the screen kills and battery is as good or better than other phones

Sent From My Epic Bonsai Tree

AZTECHKA 05-24-2011 06:30 PM

@gTen... The epic is capable of reproducing white?
It looks liks blue to me.
p.

OP... The best way to make up your mind is to check them both out side by side... Most Sprint stores have them available... Don't let the reps talk you into either or. And don't take fanboi's opinions as YOUR truth. You are doing the right thing by becoming informed... But remember to judge for yourself and make your decision based on what YOU think will work best fot YOU. I can't tell you which phone is best for YOU. And just because something is AWESOME on paper it doesn't mean that YOU are going to like it better than something comparable. In most people's lives jiggawats and nutrinos and nanotubes don't make that much of a difference. So go by feel and choice. You can't go wrong with either unless you pick the one you like least based on what I or someone else told you.

That's the best advice I can give you.

p.

gTen 05-25-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2106135)
@gTen... The epic is capable of reproducing white?
It looks liks blue to me.
p.

IT depends on the batch you got..some people got tinted blue, some people got tinted yellow...others got perfectly balanced (mine was balanced)...its no big deal..and if it is there is voodoo color to balance it out...