PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is it brick ??

so im typing a message ... my phone freezes when trying to switch keyboard any idea ??? y

i pull out the batt .. wait about 15 sec then replace it back now nothing shows turns on -- no recovery not even download mode is it brick ???

but when i charge the bat sign shows up as like a flash .. on an off ?????
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: is it brick ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
so im typing a message ... my phone freezes when trying to switch keyboard any idea ??? y

i pull out the batt .. wait about 15 sec then replace it back now nothing shows turns on -- no recovery not even download mode is it brick ???

but when i charge the bat sign shows up as like a flash .. on an off ?????
The policy is generally like this:

Does it Turn on?

Yes

No

If you answered yes its not bricked.

Try plugging it into the pc without the battery and trying to enter download mode.

Also, what rom/kernel are you using?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

midnight ROM 5.2 and original it kernel comes w/ .. i think its bonsai kernel ... but ive been on this rom since it came out ....rebooted added things as u see in my signature fonts - themes ...and actually this week it has been acting funny n today was its final straw i guess

CHANGE LOG : i finally got it into ODIN it flashed and it but it still just flashes the battery charge .. off and on ...... i used the how to fix a brick epic post from zda .. and flashed pit n tar files it passed .. it still wont turn on hhhhhhmmm .. but i get download mode hmm
Old 05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
midnight ROM 5.2 and original it kernel comes w/ .. i think its bonsai kernel ... but ive been on this rom since it came out ....rebooted added things as u see in my signature fonts - themes ...and actually this week it has been acting funny n today was its final straw i guess

CHANGE LOG : i finally got it into ODIN it flashed and it but it still just flashes the battery charge .. off and on ...... i used the how to fix a brick epic post from zda .. and flashed pit n tar files it passed .. it still wont turn on hhhhhhmmm .. but i get download mode hmm
You had journaling on right?

Try using the EB12 tool
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hmmm...

@gTen... Maybe you should ALSO tell him what NOT to do.
And suggest a good night sleep.
p.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Hmmm...

@gTen... Maybe you should ALSO tell him what NOT to do.
Its ok, the Epic is almost impossible to brick

Quote:
And suggest a good night sleep.
p.
Cant suggest something I myself dont take to heart :/ lol
Old 05-06-2011, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You had journaling on right?

Try using the EB12 tool

yes sir i did .. i had a problem w the no journaling before its more reason y i decided on midnight 5.2 journaling on ...

this sucks cause i felt like every thing went right after the freeze reset n odin fix but it just flashes the batt charge sign as its plug into my computer now .... hmm i guess im the first person to have this happen to them ... i think im gonna odin it again .. or got to make up a IT GOT WET excuse to get a new phone ...
Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
yes sir i did .. i had a problem w the no journaling before its more reason y i decided on midnight 5.2 journaling on ...

this sucks cause i felt like every thing went right after the freeze reset n odin fix but it just flashes the batt charge sign as its plug into my computer now .... hmm i guess im the first person to have this happen to them ... i think im gonna odin it again .. or got to make up a IT GOT WET excuse to get a new phone ...
Did you try entering download mode without the battery?

Also, is your battery fully charged?

Also, you can try the hard reset button on back of the phone tooo..

I wouldnt say your the fist one who has this issue..but to be sure we gotta try a few standard stuff first before assuming anything..
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Did you try entering download mode without the battery?

Also, is your battery fully charged?

Also, you can try the hard reset button on back of the phone tooo..

I wouldnt say your the fist one who has this issue..but to be sure we gotta try a few standard stuff first before assuming anything..

ok the batt was about 85 when i last checked it .. i used it to play words with friends for about 10 min .. then i didn touch it till someone texted me -- then froze then etc etc lol .........

um im gonna do the reset now ....
Old 05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:

I wouldn't do a IT GOT WET excuse. That's turns into $100 TEP deductible.

When this happened to me, I ended you letting the phone sit and charge then put it in download mode and odin to stock.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G