PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is it brick ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I wouldn't do a IT GOT WET excuse. That's turns into $100 TEP deductible.

When this happened to me, I ended you letting the phone sit and charge then put it in download mode and odin to stock.
@gTen

would it be a bad battery problem why my only my batt symbol just flashes ??
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Did you try entering download mode without the battery?

Also, is your battery fully charged?

Also, you can try the hard reset button on back of the phone tooo..

I wouldnt say your the fist one who has this issue..but to be sure we gotta try a few standard stuff first before assuming anything..

so im guessing the hard reset was accomplish .. i used a pen as instructed in the op of that thread .... i reflash ODIN this time using the froyo stock tar again passed successful ... it rebooted to samsung then black screen ... i pulled out the battery and SD while letting this process work .... im tryn to charge the battery but again it just flashes the batt off n on 1sec on then off .. dnt even get to see how far long the batt has juice ......... so im guessin im assed out ....... but I WILL TAKE ANY ADVICE .... i wll try any even spiting gum at it to see if it works .... BTW when its on the usb or charger it self the red light for it to charge doesn't even pop up ..

THANX GUYS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT TO HELP ME
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
so im guessing the hard reset was accomplish .. i used a pen as instructed in the op of that thread .... i reflash ODIN this time using the froyo stock tar again passed successful ... it rebooted to samsung then black screen ... i pulled out the battery and SD while letting this process work .... im tryn to charge the battery but again it just flashes the batt off n on 1sec on then off .. dnt even get to see how far long the batt has juice ......... so im guessin im assed out ....... but I WILL TAKE ANY ADVICE .... i wll try any even spiting gum at it to see if it works .... BTW when its on the usb or charger it self the red light for it to charge doesn't even pop up ..

THANX GUYS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT TO HELP ME
hmmm...it might be a case of bad battery :/..just try the EB13 tool..if it fails take it to a sprint store.first thing theyll try is replacing the battery....if not theyll replace it..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I wouldn't do a IT GOT WET excuse. That's turns into $100 TEP deductible.

When this happened to me, I ended you letting the phone sit and charge then put it in download mode and odin to stock.

I Bought my phone THRU BEST BUY .. QUOTE " What is a Product Replacement Plan (PRP)?
Your Best Buy Product Replacement Plan (PRP) provides comprehensive coverage and easy fulfillment from day one. You'll get full replacement of covered products, with no deductibles or other hidden charges. Learn about benefits of a PRP. " end quote

Product Replacement Plans

So im guessing i would not have to pay a deductible as stated .. which would BE GREAT !!! lol
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
hmmm...it might be a case of bad battery :/..just try the EB13 tool..if it fails take it to a sprint store.first thing theyll try is replacing the battery....if not theyll replace it..

would it be a PIN issue from the usb port of the phone problem ???
Not reading it charge wise .. which may sound dumb since it read it well in ODIN ... idk just tryn to ask anything .... BTW did u ever get ur EPIC back i remember u also had a BRICK problem ....CORRECT ??
Old 05-06-2011, 01:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
would it be a PIN issue from the usb port of the phone problem ???
Not reading it charge wise .. which may sound dumb since it read it well in ODIN ... idk just tryn to ask anything .... BTW did u ever get ur EPIC back i remember u also had a BRICK problem ....CORRECT ??
not yet..too busy ..I plan to fix it next week...in my case its a complete brick...aka it doesnt even turn on.

As for usb thing, charging is a different pin then data..but I dont see a reason why your phone would act like it does..a damaged pin should not be able to cause it..
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

balagyi is keeping up the good workbalagyi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
not yet..too busy ..I plan to fix it next week...in my case its a complete brick...aka it doesnt even turn on.

As for usb thing, charging is a different pin then data..but I dont see a reason why your phone would act like it does..a damaged pin should not be able to cause it..
how did you get your epic bricked? from rooting?

edit: i found you post about you got bricked. too bad. hope rooting won't brick epic. cause my epic got rooted on first day.

Last edited by balagyi; 05-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post

edit: i found you post about you got bricked. too bad. hope rooting won't brick epic. cause my epic got rooted on first day.
rooting does not brick..the kernel didnt play nice with my phone..they took the kernel down due to it bricking phones...not everyone got bricked on that kernel but it warranted concern. If you use one of the current kernels it should be fine..and rooting definitely wont brick your phone...
Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
rooting does not brick..the kernel didnt play nice with my phone..they took the kernel down due to it bricking phones...not everyone got bricked on that kernel but it warranted concern. If you use one of the current kernels it should be fine..and rooting definitely wont brick your phone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post

YEA like @gTen says it wasnt from ROOTING my phone has been ROOTED and was currently running on a Devolopers ROM called MIDNIGHT V5.2 journaling on BYOR .... ive didn have no issues with his previously releases plus the fact that u can build it (meaning : add your on software to it was nice hence it being called BYOR build your own rom ) .. it was working fine for as long as i had and when the rom was posted so for a while now ... ive had different roms but liked this 1 the best ...

my problem came just randomly i was goin to text someone and it froze i couldnt hit home - or power button anything .. and from other post was my problems and help start to come in ... BUT NOT FROM ROOTING AT ALL that was probably the easiest part of the epic journey ( one click method root )
Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

sucks dude hope u get that working back cause im def gonna try and get mine back from BEST BUY sometime today or def tomorrow if all this odin work and reset fails which so far has ...hmmm i will see if it is a battery problem ..... again i really appreciate your help .. YOU DO GREAT WORK ....... n w/ out attitude or sarcasm like certain websites devs ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G