PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Epic 4g EC05 - 3/21?!?1 Discussion

If they do not incorporate the video lag fix...this will be a failed update....does not matter to me as the fix has been posted on xda of course....but if i was a stock user i would be pissed over that...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

MrNybble is just getting started

<rant on>
Why can't Sprint just listen to it's customers? We want a stable phone with the latest software without spyware and bloatware. Maybe they will learn some day...nah as long as we keep paying money they will continue to treat their customers like mushrooms.
<rant off>

If there was a better cellular carrier I'd probably switch but they do seem to be the best of the worse...and the worse is pretty bad...IMHO
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

This goes out to Sprint:

Sprint quit working on stuff like this which just adds bloatware (developers are just going to find a way to remove it anyways) and give us Gingerbread!!!!!! oh and better 4g coverage as well.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsibarra72 is just getting started

how will this update affect the eb13 users who did the manual update? will the ota update still happen or do we have to bring the phone back to 2.1?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsibarra72 View Post
how will this update affect the eb13 users who did the manual update? will the ota update still happen or do we have to bring the phone back to 2.1?
chances are they will push OTA to both DI18 users and EB13 users..which one will get it first I am not sure..either way I'm guessing most of us will update via odin if there is any issue.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

isnt the addition of bloatware to an os a hidden revenue for sprint. wouldnt that be incentive for them to not do anything about it?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
isnt the addition of bloatware to an os a hidden revenue for sprint. wouldnt that be incentive for them to not do anything about it?
Well its kinda simple..the Premium Data plan already includes some of the stuff they had bloat in..so Sprint ID helps them sell phones due to better user experience..at same time it gives "access" to content which they can charge you more for..

Sprint ID for the consumer is a good thing overall..it sucks for us who want releases the fastest possible.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:25 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well its kinda simple..the Premium Data plan already includes some of the stuff they had bloat in..so Sprint ID helps them sell phones due to better user experience..at same time it gives "access" to content which they can charge you more for..

Sprint ID for the consumer is a good thing overall..it sucks for us who want releases the fastest possible.
Its a good thing for those who are happy to just use the phone as it is. Globally, what percentage of Android users don't root and then customize their phones? I mean really, that's why I went with Android in the first place. I almost bought an iPhone 4 until I did a little research.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Its a good thing for those who are happy to just use the phone as it is. Globally, what percentage of Android users don't root and then customize their phones? I mean really, that's why I went with Android in the first place. I almost bought an iPhone 4 until I did a little research.
Probably over 90%..as many of us there are and as vocal we are, we are still a minority...
Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

so... where is it?
my phone is starting to slow up again on midnightrom 4.1.
I want this new rom before I flash again.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G