PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: [RUMOR] Froyo coming Feb. 21 - Androidcentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Yes, this really kills my ESN swaping, I have an old flip phone I use while white water rafting and jetskiing and a smart phone for everything else. It won't hit me till this summer but I'm annoyed about the loss of this feature if I haven't upgraded by then. If I had a clear decisive promise from Sprint, I would just get 2 Epics and be done with it--arghhhh bloody 2 year contract!

Me and my stupid commitment problems, just ask my wife--stretched that bachelorhood out for 12 friggin' years.
Yeah, I have a Vogue I wanted to reactivate, but not now.

As far as Samsung goes, damn near everything in my house is Samsung, but there will be a pretty good chance that my next phone won't be.

Unlike HTC and the issue with getting updates out being more an issue with the carrier. Anyone remember how long it took to get 6.5 on the TP2? Everyone else had it months before Sprint. This time we can place a good part of the blame on Samsung.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Interesting, I didn't know that Motorola gave 2 concurrent updates to any of their line--which phone was it? I did know that they recently condemned a long awaited upgrade to some phone a week ago, so I guess it's hit or miss...
The Motorola Droid 1 got the 2.0.1 update, 2.1 and 2.2..

Quote:
Do you think there's a good chance that the Epic will see Gingerbread from Samsung themselves? I remember them saying yes on one of the overseas forums in reference to the Galaxy S but then they removed the comment post-haste.
I am pretty sure i9000 will get it..I see no reason why not as its fairly similar to Nexus S..as for the Epic..I hope so but its up to the carrier :/

Quote:
Yes, this really kills my ESN swaping, I have an old flip phone I use while white water rafting and jetskiing and a smart phone for everything else. It won't hit me till this summer but I'm annoyed about the loss of this feature if I haven't upgraded by then. If I had a clear decisive promise from Sprint, I would just get 2 Epics and be done with it--arghhhh bloody 2 year contract!
Why? flip phones have no extra $10 fee..unless your swapping a none Epic smartphone?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Yeah, I have a Vogue I wanted to reactivate, but not now.

As far as Samsung goes, damn near everything in my house is Samsung, but there will be a pretty good chance that my next phone won't be.

Unlike HTC and the issue with getting updates out being more an issue with the carrier. Anyone remember how long it took to get 6.5 on the TP2? Everyone else had it months before Sprint. This time we can place a good part of the blame on Samsung.
Wait--I'm confused, you already have the Epic so aren't you already paying the $10 tax, why would it matter to you if you switched to Vogue and back again? You don't have to pay the fee every time you switch phones do you?? I thought that they just were going to hit you with a $10 fee each month whether you had a 3G or 4G phone once you "broke the seal", am I mistaken?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 AM
O-Matic

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP

Quote:
Wait--I'm confused, you already have the Epic so aren't you already paying the $10 tax, why would it matter to you if you switched to Vogue and back again? You don't have to pay the fee every time you switch phones do you?? I thought that they just were going to hit you with a $10 fee each month whether you had a 3G or 4G phone once you "broke the seal", am I mistaken?
I was going to swap out one of the other phones on my account for it, not my Epic.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Why? flip phones have no extra $10 fee..unless your swapping a none Epic smartphone?
No I have PPC-6800 and a old school Katana, when I play in the water, I swap to the Katana and a ziplock bag, then back to the Mogul when I'm done, so while I'm not penalized on the Katana swap, when I go back to the Mogul, BAMM $10 a month, or so I thought that's how it'll work.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
No I have PPC-6800 and a old school Katana, when I play in the water, I swap to the Katana and a ziplock bag, then back to the Mogul when I'm done, so while I'm not penalized on the Katana swap, when I go back to the Mogul, BAMM $10 a month, or so I thought that's how it'll work.
Yup..thats exactly what will happen...is there any reason why you swap out for a katana?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 AM
O-Matic

So I just read over at xda that the Onion is now reporting that the protests in Egypt are actually a bunch of angry Epic owners upset about not having froyo yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
So I just read over at xda that the Onion is now reporting that the protests in Egypt are actually a bunch of angry Epic owners upset about not having froyo yet.
And they shut off the internet so there would be no more Froyo OTA leaks?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 AM
O-Matic

Quote:
And they shut off the internet so there would be no more Froyo OTA leaks?
I'd say yes, but the protest has only been going on for 2 weeks and we haven't had a new leak in over 2 months.

That would be a funny story for the Onion though.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint postpaid
Threadstarter

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yup..thats exactly what will happen...is there any reason why you swap out for a katana?
He mentioned a few posts up that his thing is water sports (jet skiing, boating, etc) and he puts the katana in a ziploc bag. My guess (i had jetskis before too) is that if he loses or trashes or water logs the katana, it's not a big loss.. then afterwards he swaps his 'good' phone back onto the account.

Just making a stab.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G