PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: [RUMOR] Froyo coming Feb. 21 - Androidcentral

E=2011 A=January

I think we need a new forum category for the epic. Froyo Rumors!!

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
At this point there should be an over/under on this one, Vegas style!

Sent from a place where I can't feel my face!
I'm more curious if the update is worth the wait. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Vibrant release of 2.2? Did it fix ALL the problems it had, or at least an overwhelming amount of them?

Considering how long Sprint made us wait to get this update, you should add to the over/under the amount of bugs Sprint/Samsung still missed with it.

For all the effing excuses like, "Sprint & Samsung are working to release Froyo for Epic ASAP, but only after it meets rigorous testing criteria to ensure quality experience.” how sad would it be if a bug as large as the GPS one made it into this release.

I still doubt that the 21rst is realistic--although you'd think that they would have to release something before the phone is retired in the summer. They are probably stretching the release date so that they give you 2.2.1 and then they can wipe their hands free of this phone and work on the next version of the Galaxy S. I seriously doubt Sprint or Samsung will wind up putting any more time into this phone. Pity though because on paper this is probably the best phone in existence right now that's available in the states.

While I would love to see it come with stock Gingerbread, with the exception of Apple--has ANY carrier or manufacture released two upgraded versions, let alone Samsung??
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
While I would love to see it come with stock Gingerbread, with the exception of Apple--has ANY carrier or manufacture released two upgraded versions, let alone Samsung??
Yes, Motorola...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

DG17 = July 17th
DG27 = July 27th
DI07 = September 7th
DI18 = September 18th

DJ29 = October 28th
DK05 = November 5th
DK28 = November 28th

DL = December

EA17 = January

its the sequence Samsung uses for development..
That part I get, I was wondering if it was like Roman Numerals, for example E always meant January it looks to me like they are just incrementing the first two characters and using the numbers as a release date. Just looking for a pattern other than the obvious...
Old 02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
O-Matic

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP

@Testacon I'm betting that it will fix bugs with DK28 such as voice dialing over bt.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
O-Matic

First letter is the year
Second letter is the month
The number is the day of the month
Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
That part I get, I was wondering if it was like Roman Numerals, for example E always meant January it looks to me like they are just incrementing the first two characters and using the numbers as a release date. Just looking for a pattern other than the obvious...
Yes thats exactly what they were doing..they have also in the past skipped digits to signify upgrades..or variation...

i9000 has JF3, JPY, JPM and etc....(they got to M since they skipped some letters to give room for both Froyo and Eclair updates..as you can guess i9000 gets a lot more updates then us carrier locked folks)

its similar for all their phones.. just gotta find the starting point..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes, Motorola...
Interesting, I didn't know that Motorola gave 2 concurrent updates to any of their line--which phone was it? I did know that they recently condemned a long awaited upgrade to some phone a week ago, so I guess it's hit or miss...

Do you think there's a good chance that the Epic will see Gingerbread from Samsung themselves? I remember them saying yes on one of the overseas forums in reference to the Galaxy S but then they removed the comment post-haste.

Would be nice to know where Sprint stands on this. I'd complain a LOT less if I thought the 4G tax would be put into something that would benefit me with an obvious see-able gain.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
O-Matic

Quote:
Interesting, I didn't know that Motorola gave 2 concurrent updates to any of their line--which phone was it? I did know that they recently condemned a long awaited upgrade to some phone a week ago, so I guess it's hit or miss...

Do you think there's a good chance that the Epic will see Gingerbread from Samsung themselves? I remember them saying yes on one of the overseas forums in reference to the Galaxy S but then they removed the comment post-haste.

Would be nice to know where Sprint stands on this. I'd complain a LOT less if I thought the 4G tax would be put into something that would benefit me with an obvious see-able gain.
Don't worry, starting Feb 1 all upgraded or new smart phone line now get the 4G tax, not just 4G device users. As far as gb goes, let's get froyo first and then see if they decide to jack us around on gb rumors.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Don't worry, starting Feb 1 all upgraded or new smart phone line now get the 4G tax, not just 4G device users. As far as gb goes, let's get froyo first and then see if they decide to jack us around on gb rumors.
Yes, this really kills my ESN swaping, I have an old flip phone I use while white water rafting and jetskiing and a smart phone for everything else. It won't hit me till this summer but I'm annoyed about the loss of this feature if I haven't upgraded by then. If I had a clear decisive promise from Sprint, I would just get 2 Epics and be done with it--arghhhh bloody 2 year contract!

Me and my stupid commitment problems, just ask my wife--stretched that bachelorhood out for 12 friggin' years.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G