PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 4G Hotspot wifi thethering now working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
This is Version 3.0pre1 with infrastructure tethering for Froyo..it works well when it works, when it doesn't it shuts off the phone :/
i like dk28 but im almost done with it, dling di18 rom now to run a few days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: 4G Hotspot wifi thethering now working. Updated 02/08/2011

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre2.apk is out!!

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre2.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre1 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

Going to give it a shot and hope no crash lol

EDIT: It still crashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i like dk28 but im almost done with it, dling di18 rom now to run a few days.

Hoping Froyo will come out on feb 21 and trying stock to see how it improves?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 02-09-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My is working great for me but I had to practicially reinstall of my software. I am using the Bonsai Rom v2.0.1. I reinstalled all of my software from the android market place. Now my Rom works flawlessly with my journaling turned on. Now I enjoy fast downloading and uploading speed thank to 4G speeds even my 3G speeds are constantly faster. I posted the updated package on the first post and also gTen posted the new package too. This is how I get my 4G to work. I first start the wifi tether with 3G and once I start it up and start up 4G and it works all the time without rebooting. Remember you can not check the Sprint Hotspot button. If you do you have to reflash your phone. That happenned to me I could not get it to work until I reflashed my phone. Why am I the only person who could get this program to work? Once sprint verison of Froyo comes out I will be waiting for the Bonsai verison of Froyo based on sprints update. The Bonsai Rom runs 100 times better than the stock Rom.

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-09-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
wifi_tether_v3_0-pre2.apk is out!

Hoping Froyo will come out on feb 21 and trying stock to see how it improves?
You mean like it did on Dec. 26? LOL
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

New Update:

New version is available!

Download: WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre3

This version is suppose to be more stable!!! Try it out and tell me what you think of it.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: 4G Hotspot wifi thethering now working. Updated 02/09/2011

I tried Pre3 and still having reset issues :/
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I tried Pre3 and still having reset issues :/
What Rom are you using??? I am using the Bonsai Rom v2.0.1 with no issues. Please try the Bonsai Rom at xda-developers.com you won't regret it. This Rom is about 100 times better than the stock Rom.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-10-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
What Rom are you using??? I am using the Bonsai Rom v2.0.1 with no issues. Please try the Bonsai Rom at xda-developers.com you won't regret it. This Rom is about 100 times better than the stock Rom.
I am using stock rom..I kinda was hoping to keep stock dk28 till official froyo came out..then I'd load a custom rom...right now the reason why I want the infer-structure tethering is so that I can continue my 4G tethering research..

I pretty much found a way to get full 4g speeds while tethering..but issue is Ad Hoc is not as stable as infer-structure and is limited to 11mbps..I'm hoping with this I can get full speed without the instability..(It is also possible the instability is due to the dk28 modem being bad..I heard noobnl mention something about issue with the modem)

Effectively I got it to download files at over 1 megabytes/sec (not bits, bytes)..but it keeps jumping up and down..to as low at 15kb/sec..I narrowed it down that the culprit is the wifi..so thats what I am waiting for to test :/

But either way..if I can get a stable then I can write a proof of concept app for downloading at full 4g speed via wifi...(or at least attempt to, I already got it messily working with like 5 different apps..want to merge it into 1)

Last edited by gTen; 02-10-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

I installed pre3 last night. It crashed the first time, but has been working ever since. I turned on 4G before starting the tether program. It works, but I really don't see much difference between it and the older v2.x ON the phone, I was getting 5 to 8 megabits where on the tethered PC the best I could get was around 2 megabits. Same server. Phone sitting in the same location. So, there's a bottleneck somewhere. But, hey, it works now.

Rom is Bonsai 2.0.1 (current release). Nice ROM, BTW. For me, it works better than the others I've tried. If we had TV out working on it, I'd be totally happy.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
I installed pre3 last night. It crashed the first time, but has been working ever since. I turned on 4G before starting the tether program. It works, but I really don't see much difference between it and the older v2.x ON the phone, I was getting 5 to 8 megabits where on the tethered PC the best I could get was around 2 megabits. Same server. Phone sitting in the same location. So, there's a bottleneck somewhere. But, hey, it works now.

Rom is Bonsai 2.0.1 (current release). Nice ROM, BTW. For me, it works better than the others I've tried. If we had TV out working on it, I'd be totally happy.
the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is not speed but 2.0 uses Ad-Hoc while 3.0 uses Infrastructure...

As for the bottleneck in speed..that seems to be caused by how the phone requests data..it feels like they have some kind of setting in there that controls speed based on how many bars the phone has..it "might" be there for setting aside bandwidth for multi device connections..but there is a way around it..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
4g tethering, 4g wifi, hotspot, samsung epic, wifi tether