PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Epic 4G: Weird Popping noise (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140584)

Biggnaa20 02-04-2011 05:58 PM

Epic 4G: Weird Popping noise

Hi,

I have the Samsung Epic and noticed that it created a strange "popping" noise at times.

I can't fully isolate when it is doing it, but it seems to stop if I turn the phone off then back or, or if I stop the data connection. It happens regardless of whether it is plugged in or not.

I know this isn't the best description, but has any one else heard popping from their Epic?

NNB

EDIT: I am on stock DK28 Froyo

gTen 02-04-2011 06:18 PM

Re: Epic 4G: Weird Popping noise

This is actually a common issue..we don't know whats causing these random noises but it has not been found to attribute to any harmful side effect yet...

Biggnaa20 02-04-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2051085)
This is actually a common issue..we don't know whats causing these random noises but it has not been found to attribute to any harmful side effect yet...

Thanks gTen,

I figured that if it's making noise or extra heat that it's probably wasting the battery in some way.

I guess it feels better that I am not the only one...

:-/

nb

WorldWide 02-04-2011 08:04 PM

Definitely not the only one. I am relieved to know it's common.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

daddymikey1975 02-05-2011 03:13 PM

pair and connect a bluetooth headset.

stream some music.. then make or receive a phone call.

end the call. wait for it..... listen....

the earpiece on the epic will now pop randomly.

to disable this annoying behavior, toggle bluetooth.

Most common for me on DK28.

EDIT: another annoying anomaly from all this is when touching the screen, or receiving another phone call when in this 'speaker popping' state, ringtones and sounds that should come from the rear speaker now come from the phone's earpiece. toggling BT will correct this.

kristopher135@yahoo. om 02-05-2011 04:29 PM

i have the same issue, i exchanged my phone thinking it would make a difference but it didn't.

XateEsix 05-22-2011 08:47 PM

Hey guys I realize this thread has been stale for a while but I am having the same problem with EC05 firmware and the Jawbone ERA headset.
If you are also experiencing the same issue could you also reply with the headset you are using and maybe we can find a pattern or common point to move forward with.

Thanks!

RobL42 12-27-2012 11:48 PM

Hey guys, I found this on a google search and wanted to chime in, my phone, Samsung Galaxy (Boost Mobile/Sprint) is making the popping sound as well. I think it's a by product of them not being GSM. However, the other party doesn't seem to hear it. I mostly hear it on mobile to mobile calls.

-Rob