PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Google Voice & Muting Phone Calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139640)

tkjames 01-14-2011 11:23 AM

Google Voice & Muting Phone Calls

I've got a couple of GV numbers set up as business numbers that forward to my cell phone. On my TP2, when I got a call from my GV number and I was too busy to answer, I could just mute the ringer or ignore the call and the call would get pushed back to the GV voicemail. On the Epic, there's no option to mute the ringer, just "ignore" or "ignore with text". When I ignore, the GV call goes to my regular Sprint voicemail instead of the GV voicemail.

Anyone know how to adjust this so GV calls go to GV voicemail?

Also, a way to mute the ringer would be nice. I do kinda miss TP2 ability to mute the ringer by placing the phone face down.

tkjames 01-14-2011 11:33 AM

Re: Google Voice & Muting Phone Calls

On a similar note, is there an app or widget that lets me make a GV call from a specific account WITHOUT having to ask every time I make a call?

With both the included Voice app and GV Callback app, your only options are to never make a call using your GV number, or to ask if you want to use your GV number EVERY time you make a call. 99% of my calls are in fact from my personal number, so this would be tedious.

What I'm looking for is an app that I can open and use when I want to specifcally make a GV call, much like how I can access the actual GV site and make a call from there. Basically I just want to: open app --> make call with GV# --> close app.

Does such a thing exist?

strickly_ppc670 01-14-2011 11:39 AM

Google toogle will switch between GV calls/Sprint calls/ask before dialing.
Hope that helps

tkjames 01-17-2011 11:15 PM

Is this the only option? :-(

gullzway 01-18-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkjames (Post 2036593)
I've got a couple of GV numbers set up as business numbers that forward to my cell phone. On my TP2, when I got a call from my GV number and I was too busy to answer, I could just mute the ringer or ignore the call and the call would get pushed back to the GV voicemail. On the Epic, there's no option to mute the ringer, just "ignore" or "ignore with text". When I ignore, the GV call goes to my regular Sprint voicemail instead of the GV voicemail.

Anyone know how to adjust this so GV calls go to GV voicemail?

Also, a way to mute the ringer would be nice. I do kinda miss TP2 ability to mute the ringer by placing the phone face down.

I just got a call and pushed Volume Down to mute the ring. Have you tried that.

I have my Sprint line set up with conditional call forwarding, so all my UNANSWERED calls go to my Google Voice Voicemail. Then I get a nice little text minutes later showing me what they said! Love it!!

tkjames 01-19-2011 09:59 AM

What is conditional call forwarding?

gullzway 01-19-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkjames (Post 2040017)
What is conditional call forwarding?

Basically you can have your calls forwarded to your Google Voice Number for Free if: 1. you don't answer,2.Your line is busy,3.You don't answer or your line is busy.

I use No answer. You just have to Dial *73+your 10 digit GV number.
This is a 1 time procedure. If you ever want to change back to no call forwarding you dial *730

Sprint has stopped charging $0.20 per min for call forwarding (Conditional only).

See here:Google Voice & Sprint… 11/08/09 « Inside Sprint Now

Conditional Call Forwarding:

*73 - No answer call forwading
*74 - Busy call forwarding
*28 - Busy / No answer call forwarding ***

rex 01-20-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkjames (Post 2036593)
I've got a couple of GV numbers set up as business numbers that forward to my cell phone.

How do u have multiple GV numbers forward to the same cell phone??? i would love to do that. Isnt GV restricted to 1 cell phone per GV line?

BTW I also use the toggle make calls from GV and toggle it off for my phone line.

Thanks
Rex

tkjames 01-24-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex (Post 2040943)
How do u have multiple GV numbers forward to the same cell phone??? i would love to do that. Isnt GV restricted to 1 cell phone per GV line?

You can't list your cell phone number as a cell phone number. You have to choose work or home. I've got my cell set up as work for one account, and either work or home for the other account. The drawback is that you can't really use the text message feature. I get emails when I receive a text message, but it's not the same as a true text. But other than that, it works fine.