PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Built in Screen Capture program?

I've noticed a few times my Epic will randomly take a screen cap, and it's not using shootme. Is there some kind of built in screen cap, I'm on a stock dk17 Rom?

I don't see it in my app list and can't find it in Settings. But here is a screencap, using shootme, of it running in Running Services. I see it in Titanium backup named com.sec.android.app.screencapture 1.0, don't think I installed it manually.

Edit: Sorry, should have searched XDA, apparently it's a Froyo built in app. BUT how do you Actually use it?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20101223_215234.jpg (9.3 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 12-24-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Built in Screen Capture program?

You hold the back key and press home 2 times quick.. unfortunately this must be done with keyboard out..dont know if there is alternative way to use it without keyboard

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:35 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You hold the back key and press home 2 times quick.. unfortunately this must be done with keyboard out..dont know if there is alternative way to use it without keyboard
Interesting, thanks. I'm pretty sure the times it has done it my keyboard was not out, as I rarely use it. And I have definitely never held back and hit home twice with keyboard out?

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Interesting, thanks. I'm pretty sure the times it has done it my keyboard was not out, as I rarely use it. And I have definitely never held back and hit home twice with keyboard out?

On the i9000 its hold back + home key, on tab its hold back and power key...but none of those combos work for us as far as I tried :/
Old 12-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

heres my picture from screen capture... i did it with the kb in... it was freezing and i was home button tapping like crazy then all of a sudden *click* and this is what was in my sd folder "ScreenCapture"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC20101221-091539.jpg (11.0 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post

It just hit me and I forgot to mention..if you hold the back key on the keyboard and then press home on front panel it would work too..or holding back on the front panel and hitting home on the kb..maybe your back key somehow got jammed(not physically but virtually since its a leaked rom) and you pressed home?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SPH-D700
Carrier: SPRINT

eigerzoom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Re: Built in Screen Capture program?

i had it mysteriously working with keyboard closed
but that was a strange set of circumstances which involves using plant cellulose on your fingertips to manipulate the capacative action of the panel buttons...
this was of course on complete accident
and i have no idea of the combination being performed to achieve the screen capture
haha
but i do know its possible!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G