PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 05:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: has 2.2 official been released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
LG optimus and samsung intercept are ok
EPIC is still #1
Intercept is bunk.. Optimus is kind of only nice because GPU is same as the EVO, so gameplay isnt lost really..

All-in-all, most android devices can do anything another android device can do.. this is why Android is a solid platform IMHO..

And idk about #1 but EPIC definitely is one of the better devices around, despite the jokes Ive been making...

**and im not just picking on epic, i posted the FPS test in EVO forum that showed EVO getting beat by Optimus... they didnt like that very much lol**
Old 12-18-2010, 05:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
LMAO!! isnt someone testy!

and my case was dismissed, all funds given back to me + Damages... Why do i need a stand alone Android device anyways, my TP2 does the Android stuff I want it to just fine.. ill probably wait for 2Ghz Android phones before I finally make the switch full-time..

and we all know having a port is not as good as the real thing.. Intercept got FROYO Offical before EPIC, and LG OPtimus is going to get Gingerbread Offical before EPIC even.. just saying, maybe you guys are over-hyping your phone a bit lol
The Intercept is stock Android and has been out longer..that said the Intercept can't even take advantage of Froyo's hardware acceleration :/....Right now samsung is done with Froyo 2.2.1 (not just 2.2) and its up to sprint...as for gingerbread..you cant exactly say LG optimus will get its upgrade first..we don't know..anything is possible..

That said we aren't over-hyping the phone..why? because the Epic is a phone we can actually recommend to friends without being full time support for..it works awesome stock and the hardware in the phone is still #1 today...

Anyone who wants Froyo can flash it without installing clockwork or rooting via stock recovery..

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i knew you would come back to check this... i just dont understand why you troll. none. i mean none of the regular epic posters come post this trash in the other forums.(besides gten, and hes allowed. its in the contract), so why do it to us. and to come back and check up to see if anyone commented on your snarky comment? its a new low for you bored. (not really, we all know how low you go) we are a peaceful people over here in the epic forum. please leave us be. we may fight amongst ourselves, but we leave yall out of it and just ask you do the same.
I don't go around forums posting trash about other phones >.> lol..but I can see how it could be interpreted that way...the only time I post about the epic on other forums is when someone mentions incorrect information about it or asks about it...just cause I am a mod does not mean I have the right to troll wherever I want >.> lol..I post there and here most of the time as a regular user..not as a mod..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-18-2010, 06:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I don't go around forums posting trash about other phones >.> lol..but I can see how it could be interpreted that way...the only time I post about the epic on other forums is when someone mentions incorrect information about it or asks about it...just cause I am a mod does not mean I have the right to troll wherever I want >.> lol..I post there and here most of the time as a regular user..not as a mod..
i was just playing.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I heard the word "troll" coming from this thread. Do I had to check it out! Why evos figjting epic? Evo owners are in deep hatred anger. They realized they should have waited for the epic. Now they are stuck with another crippled htc device. Poor saps. Rip.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
I heard the word "troll" coming from this thread. Do I had to check it out! Why evos figjting epic? Evo owners are in deep hatred anger. They realized they should have waited for the epic. Now they are stuck with another crippled htc device. Poor saps. Rip.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
as the saying goes... "Good things come to those who wait". lol
Old 12-18-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Back to the original topic:

In case it hasn't been stated, the official date is 12/26 for Sprint's EPIC release.

If you don't know you had better axed somebody.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:41 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDawg View Post
Back to the original topic:

In case it hasn't been stated, the official date is 12/26 for Sprint's EPIC release.

If you don't know you had better axed somebody.
Yeah yeah, sure it is. How many "official" release dates did we hear for the Epic back in August? Remember when it was "confirmed" that it would be released on August 5th? And then it was the 17th. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Yeah yeah, sure it is. How many "official" release dates did we hear for the Epic back in August? Remember when it was "confirmed" that it would be released on August 5th? And then it was the 17th. I'll believe it when I see it.
Well to be fair Sprint said it would release by end of summer..and they did..last day of summer...this time they confirmed froyo by end of year...26th sounds feasible to me :/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: has 2.2 official been released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well to be fair Sprint said it would release by end of summer..and they did..last day of summer...this time they confirmed froyo by end of year...26th sounds feasible to me :/
Who confirmed and where is there a link??

I was just at a Sprint store yesterday playing with the Epic and the sales person said it had 2.2.1 already, pretty sad that I had to show them the version of Android on THEIR store phone...
Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Plus reports like this don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy...

What are the chances that this issue is cross-platform?

Samsung pulls Froyo update for Bell's Vibrant after reports of fried internal storage -- Engadget

Last edited by testacon; 12-19-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typos

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic, ota, samsung, samsung epic, sprint