PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get a network printer to work?

Anybody know how I can get my all in one printer scanner and fax machine to work with the samsung epic? (Bluetooth is out of question.)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: How to get a network printer to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Anybody know how I can get my all in one printer scanner and fax machine to work with the samsung epic? (Bluetooth is out of question.)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
What kind of connectors does it have?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What kind of connectors does it have?
USB, an Ethernet port, and Phone.
EDIT: i THINK ITS FIREWIRE TO USB (THERE'S A BIGGER CONNECT ON THE PRINTER END THAT ISNT USB THAT CONNECTS TO COMP_)

Last edited by youngblack; 11-22-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

How about an App like PrinterShare?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I just found out I have to get a printer server or use my computer as a host. I moved my computer from one room to another.. leaving that printer where it was but have no way to connect them. And I have two brand new wireless N routers... only one of them have a usb which is WRT610N Linksys Router incapable of serving a printer.. did a search and found out it's used for storage. I wonder if there's hack for the linksys routers that will do it. Instead of shopping for a new printer server...
Old 11-27-2010, 11:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

You can get a cheap print server for like 20$ on a deal..I don't know about the hack but some printers have built in managing over HTTP layer which you may be be able to access...

If not, what about interfacing through a computer?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
You can get a cheap print server for like 20$ on a deal..I don't know about the hack but some printers have built in managing over HTTP layer which you may be be able to access...

If not, what about interfacing through a computer?
Yeah but my computer is in a separate room where there isn't enough room to put the printer in the same place as PC. So I left it there in the other room. When I went to best buy the guy suggested I buy the airport express which I got for 100 bucks... later I come to find out that I needed a base station to work with the airport.. it was ridiculous for all the trouble I went through trying to figure out how to set it up... I returned the product outright because I decided that I wasn't going to spend another dime... plus the guy at best buy that told me to get the airport probably did not know what he was talking about..
Old 12-09-2010, 04:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Yeah but my computer is in a separate room where there isn't enough room to put the printer in the same place as PC. So I left it there in the other room. When I went to best buy the guy suggested I buy the airport express which I got for 100 bucks... later I come to find out that I needed a base station to work with the airport.. it was ridiculous for all the trouble I went through trying to figure out how to set it up... I returned the product outright because I decided that I wasn't going to spend another dime... plus the guy at best buy that told me to get the airport probably did not know what he was talking about..
Ok, but is it somehow connected to your computer? also if the connector is square..thats still USB..USB has a lot of forms lol
Old 12-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok, but is it somehow connected to your computer? also if the connector is square..thats still USB..USB has a lot of forms lol
No connection.. yes its a usb but no connection. Still... trying to figure out what I need. and the Modem is in place with the computer. Anyway.. I want to use PrinterShare on the Epic but damn I gotta get this printer online first.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
No connection.. yes its a usb but no connection. Still... trying to figure out what I need. and the Modem is in place with the computer. Anyway.. I want to use PrinterShare on the Epic but damn I gotta get this printer online first.
so what is the printer connected to? Ethernet to your wireless N router? or usb to your wireless router?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G