PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ant7088 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
QWERTY Keyboard Scratches/ing

I've had my Epic for 2 weeks from the Sunday that just past. I'm starting to see some light scratches in the middle of my qwerty keyboard from sliding it open & closed. It starts (worst) at the #5 & goes down through the T, G, V, & Spacebar. Then from the #4 down to the comma & also #6 down to the spacebar.

So my questions are - Is this happening to anyone else? Is my phone defective and/or will Sprint or Samung warranty? Or do I have to just deal with it?

Any help or advise would be appreciated
Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: QWERTY Keyboard Scratches/ing

Mine seems to be ok for now..are you using any sort of case?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ant7088 is a n00b

I don't have a case. Everything stock.

I actually went to a Sprint store & showed them, they didn't ask a question & I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. They agreed it was defective & shouldn't have happened. Especially after a few weeks!

Thanks for the reply
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Lucky, they told me it's a cosmetic issue so they can't do anything.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I've heard about this happening to other ppl. I'm not sure how the store handles it upon return
Old 11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ant7088 is a n00b

So I called the guy I bought the phone from & he basically said "O well, it's an issue with the phone, nothing I can do". Thanks for the help! I drove 20 miles out of my way to give this guy the sale! LOL

I ended up going to a different (1 mile away) Sprint store where my sister has a friend. He said it shouldn't be happening, ordered me a new phone & it'll be here tomorrow. No questions asked cause I had it less than 30 days!

I also noticed today that when I open the keyboard, I use 1 thumb in the middle of the screen to push it open, which might be putting pressure down as I'm sliding it open & that may have been the cause of the scratches?!

When I get my new 1 tomorrow, I'm gonna force myself to use both thumbs on the outside corners to push it open from now on, so there will be no down force in the middle on the qwerty. If anyone is in this bad habit like I've been, stop now so you dont ruin your phone
Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I open mine with one thumb right in the middle of the screen just like you described and I have no scratches or marks on my phone at all. I think you just got a defective phone. I wouldn't stress out about using one thumb or two.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I just opened mine(rarely) and I got process.com.google.gapps has stopped please try again. What's that about??
Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I just opened mine(rarely) and I got process.com.google.gapps has stopped please try again. What's that about??
Well, I can tell you it has nothing to do with your keyboard getting scratched :P

JK, try rebooting your phone and see if it happens again
Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
Well, I can tell you it has nothing to do with your keyboard getting scratched :P

JK, try rebooting your phone and see if it happens again
LOL....translation: "This has nothing to do with this thread...why are you here?"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G