PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

is there a way to g back to this ? shoot I've had the best performance on DG27 I wish I was able to get that again lol ... my phone is 100% stock and battery life is worse & is my browser speed since updating .. any out there got assistance to me ?

Last edited by dumpringz; 10-20-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: DI107

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

is there a way to g back to this ? shoot I've had the best performance on DG27 I wish I was able to get that again lol ... my phone is 100% stock and battery life is worse & is my browser speed since updating .. any out there got assistance to me ?
yes there is but man root/flash a kernel bro, drop task killer/juice defender if your using them. im getting 16hrs with moderate use. lemme find the link, think i saw a way.

may help ya.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=785028

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-20-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I didn't see it there but I'm at work so I'm not really zoning in on entire thread. i seen DG27 to DI07 not DI18 which I have to anything previous
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

might have to read about kernels and get educated on that. anyone else know if my original request is possible ?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

might have to read about kernels and get educated on that. anyone else know if my original request is possible ?
try the link, dg27 to di07, i think that will work. i know its the odd way but it still puts i07 on phone, back up with clockwork and i bet it works or are you completely stock? takes 5min to root.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I'm completely stock ... ill try that one to get DI07. I just don't c how it could be any other thing causing my issue so I hope It works
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I dl the .zip now what ? lol I'm so lost. life was a little easier with .cab lol
Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

I dl the .zip now what ? lol I'm so lost. life was a little easier with .cab lol
You had a cab file to flash new roms on winmo? where did you get that? lol

You flash .zips via recovery and .tar via odin...though based on the above I dont know if DG27->DI07 upgrade is gonna work..unless its the full thing (over 200 mb)..all the sprint update includes is changes to certain files..not the entire thing..thats why you need to flash the full thing...generally I keep clockwork backups before doing any updates..this way I can revert if anything happens...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

no no I never flashed roms lol .. just tweaks ...... I wish roms were that easy ......... I didn't get di18 ota, I simply dl that file "update.zip" & followed the simple instructions which many others have. that was simple. now if it were that easy to revert id be in there lol

Last edited by dumpringz; 10-22-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

no no I never flashed roms lol .. just tweaks ...... I wish roms were that easy ......... I didn't get di18 ota, I simply dl that file "update.zip" & followed the simple instructions which many others have. that was simple. now if it were that easy to revert id be in there lol
yes the update.zip file contained the changes necessary to update your rom(its same as an OTA)..this isn't winmo...Android is 100% open source so you can modify it piece by piece....thats why a full rom update can be 4mb in size in comparison to 100mb+ on winmo...the biggest difference aside from that is the kernal.

If you keep clockworkmod backups you can revert within a few clicks...

Otherwise you can't just reverse flash updates..it won't work...you have to reflash the ENTIRE rom to go back which should be 200mb+

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G