PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MakeMoves is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switch calls by accident with their cheek when talking?

I'm actually really skinny lol

It just happens to me all the time in the middle of a phone call. I could be using my hands to type or write something down while talking and the phone switches to the add another call (3way) feature.

I push it down with my face when i hold the phone between the shoulder and head (which is how we all held phones before they became smart phones).

I looked at my self in the mirror and noticed that the while the screen turns off initially it can light back up when moving my head around (i think when it gets too horizontal).

The most frustrating thing was how hard it was to figure out how to switch back to the original call. I finally realised it was the back 'hard' key button, you dont know how many calls I lost like this lol.

Anyway the only solution seems to be to hold it with one hand and type with one hand I think. Speakerphone isnt as clear and I dont have time to fumble with those headphones. Also the BT is a pain because yo have to charge it and it always gets lost.

What really needs to happen is some kind of lock button such as the slider that protects from pocket dial. Anyone?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMoves View Post
Anyway the only solution seems to be to hold it with one hand and type with one hand I think. Speakerphone isnt as clear and I dont have time to fumble with those headphones. Also the BT is a pain because yo have to charge it and it always gets lost.

What really needs to happen is some kind of lock button such as the slider that protects from pocket dial. Anyone?
If your speakerphone isn't clear you might want to take it back to Sprint and exchange it. My first Epic had a lot of issues with the speakerphone, but I kept it anyway. A couple of weeks ago I had to exchange it for an entirely different reason and the speakerphone on the new one is 100% better. I used to have to hold it up to my face while driving like a radio mic, but now I can set it on the center console and talk and the person on the other end can hear me just fine.

But if your main issue is talking and typing at the same time, then it seems to me that you are experiencing this issue mostly while sitting in front of a computer. I fail to see how headphones won't help you out here. I mean sure the headphones are a PITA while walking around or doing several things at once, but if you are just sitting at a desk?

But OK, let's just agree that you hate headphones. Your big issue with Bluetooth is that you have to charge it and it can get lost. Again, if you are sitting at a desk, buy a Bluetooth headset that comes with a desktop charging cradle. You sit down, take it off the charger and put it on. When you're done, put it back on the charger. Human beings are creatures of habit. All you have to do is create the habit as soon as you buy the new BT headset.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

what about visual voice mail. i have yet to listen to a whole voice mail without it going back to the previous voice mail. please tell me how to stop this. i have the light sensor on. cant belive this issue has never been written about
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MakeMoves is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
If your speakerphone isn't clear you might want to take it back to Sprint and exchange it. My first Epic had a lot of issues with the speakerphone, but I kept it anyway. A couple of weeks ago I had to exchange it for an entirely different reason and the speakerphone on the new one is 100% better. I used to have to hold it up to my face while driving like a radio mic, but now I can set it on the center console and talk and the person on the other end can hear me just fine.

But if your main issue is talking and typing at the same time, then it seems to me that you are experiencing this issue mostly while sitting in front of a computer. I fail to see how headphones won't help you out here. I mean sure the headphones are a PITA while walking around or doing several things at once, but if you are just sitting at a desk?

But OK, let's just agree that you hate headphones. Your big issue with Bluetooth is that you have to charge it and it can get lost. Again, if you are sitting at a desk, buy a Bluetooth headset that comes with a desktop charging cradle. You sit down, take it off the charger and put it on. When you're done, put it back on the charger. Human beings are creatures of habit. All you have to do is create the habit as soon as you buy the new BT headset.
I may consider that, what should i say when i go to the sprint store (bought the phone a while ago)? People have been complaining about not hearing me on speaker.

Yes hands free is a good way, but no matter what there will be times when you are on the run and dont have a headset ready.

Is there a way to change the "add call" button or all phone buttons to 'press and hold'?

Someone should make a key sliker lock for when a call is in progress and proximity sensor is up.

Android should really have this.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I dont know if this meets your needs but you can try it:

I don't know if it works with the Epic either but anyways its an app called:

Proximity Screen Off

Take Control With Proximity Screen Off | xda-developers

FYI i've never tried it..but you might be able to program it to use gestures to shut off and on the screen..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MakeMoves is a n00b

Apparantly the sensor has problems with hair, and I do have long hair so that may be it.

I found some talk on google that there was an app on the G1 that would do this:

Quote:
I find it funny that people complained constantly for google to change how the keypad works while in a call, they finally make it better and people still complain. I love the double tap to unlock, it takes about a second to do it, keeps the keypad up when navigating automated lines, it's fast, easy and works great. I dial what I need to and wait a couple seconds for it to re-lock so I don't accidently dial with my cheek or ear and then double tap the next time I need to re-enter a number. It is 100 times better than it was before, I have never missed a double tap and haven't missed dialing anything once since the update. Options are always nice, and having the ones you mentioned would be nice, but it is a vast improvement in my opinion.
Found this in a forum, anyone can port this to epic (or already have)?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Is what I linked not good enough?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MakeMoves is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I dont know if this meets your needs but you can try it:

I don't know if it works with the Epic either but anyways its an app called:

Proximity Screen Off

Take Control With Proximity Screen Off | xda-developers

FYI i've never tried it..but you might be able to program it to use gestures to shut off and on the screen..
It only has a setting to disable during call. Anyway it just turns off the screen.

I guess thats what I should do is just turn off the screen with the hardware button if i know I need to use both hands.

lol I guess thats simple enough.

Still would be cool if someone had an app that would automatically enable a lock screen when prox sensor is activated that requires a swipe to get back to the phone app. With an option to enable and disable.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G